Monday, November 02, 2009

Hapy Halloween??

I love Halloween, it is one of my favorite holidays. Most years, I totally look forward to October 31st. This year, however, I was dreading it. After October 31st comes, inevitably, November.... then December... and then January. All months that I would rather just skip this year. Altough I was not looking forward to the end of October, we had a fabulous month and celebrated the holiday to it's fullest. We attended Halloween party after Halloween party, carved pumpkins, ate homemade chili and hand dipped carmeled apples and trick or treated until the boys claimed their bags were "too heavy" to carry (granted this only took about 20 minutes). Here are all the details of our festivities.


We kicked off the season with the annual Fall harvest party at the elementary school.


We were also seen partying at the YMCA's annual Halloween party.


The kids were so excited to receive Halloween packages from both of their Grandmas, filled with lots of SPOOKY things.


Of course we couldn't miss the ward Trunk or Treat.


Abbi made sure she didn't miss out on any of the fun,


after all, this was her FIRST Halloween!


Carter was thrilled to be able to wear the skeleton costume that Ammon wore last year. Isn't having a big brother great?


Ammon dressed up as a Vampire, but not just any Vampire. If you can't tell, he is the Yowie Yahoo from Scooby Doo and the Vampires. (If you don't know who this is, don't feel too bad. I had to google it).


Kind of nerdy, I know, but Abbi and I went to the Trunk or Treat as momma and baby witch.


I thought our pumpkins were super impressive this year,


it must have been our rock star pumpkin carving team.


Colby was originally opossed to wearing this Vampire cape and teeth that I bought him, but the boys were pretty excited about it so he was a good sport and wore it trick or treating. And I think he looks hot as a vampire, hubba hubba (he's right up there with Edward Cullen, don't you think?)

While the boys were doing an inventory of their candy bags, Abbi grabbed a couple of pieces. She did not want to let go of this candy! It's a good thing she has two sweet brothers who were willing to share with her. (no she didn't eat it, she just wanted to hold it.)

I feel very blessed that Colb's schedule allowed him to spend October with us and that celebrate Halloween together. We are already counting down the days to Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

The Teeples Times said...

What fun, cute costumes. Colby definitely is up there with Edward Cullen (he he)! Glad he could be home with you too. YOur pumpkins are super impressive!!

sarita said...

Those are the cutest witches ever!

By the way, I LOVE the new family photo--you look smokin' girl!

Here's to the next three months flying by for you and your family!

Heather said...

the pumpkins were way impressive. i have had sick kids this halloween so no pumpkins to show off this year dang.it!! :) love the costumes shauni~

The Obergs said...

oh my heck, is it possible that abbi gets cuter and cuter by the day??? Oh I could just eat her up, she's SO happy! She is the cutest little witch and I love that you and Colb both dressed up. The boys look great in their costumes. Glad you lived up the month.

P.S. (mine and Craig's checks are going in the mail today. Sorry it took so long)

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Colby is such a good sport for dressing up. Cute Halloween pictures. Poor Isaac & Spencer never even got dressed up this year due to being so sick. And Natali refused to let me take her picture. You and Abbi is so CUTE! I LOVE that you dressed alike!!! Keeping you in my thoughts...and praying the time FLIES by.

karin said...

I love how much you love Halloween. Glad Colby was able to there to help celebrate.

Celeste Adams said...

You two make cute witches! What a scary family. I love the costumes. Miss you guys. We hope Colby lets you come out here for a visit. It would be awesome. I am for sure in for the Ragnar Relay. Can't wait to run with the BEST running partner EVER.

Britney said...

You guys know how to celebrate! Love all the costumes.