Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blessing #8

Celebrations

I am so grateful for all of life's little celebrations. I can't imagine a life without Halloween parties, Easter egg hunts and Thanksgiving dinners. Yesterday we had a very special celebration at our house. We celebrated little Miss Abbi's first birthday. We were also very grateful to have Grandma Stewart here to help us celebrate.


I decided to have a Pinkalicious party, based on this cute book.


What would a pinkalicious party be without a pink tutu,


and lots and lots of PINK food?



Pink cupcakes were also a MUST. (for those of you who haven't read Pinkalicious, it is about a little girl who turns pink from eating too many PINK cupcakes.


We added a few PINK decorations and we had a perfectly PINKalicious first birthday party.


The little birthday girl was not as into the party as I thought she would be. She struggled to get away while I was reading Pinkalicious to the party guests,


She wandered, played and gave hugs to the party guests while the other kids opened her presents,


(although she did return to see her loot after it had been unwrapped),


and she wouldn't touch her birthday cake (I mean literally wouldn't touch it with her hands, she leaned over it and took little bites of it and after a couple minutes she pushed it away).

Happy Birthday Party Abbi!

6 comments:

The Obergs said...

I knew it! I KNEW this party was going to be adorable! Shauni, you are so creative. I love the theme and I love the book. So cute! I'm going to contract you out for Hazel's birthday ok? Abbi looks tu-tu cute in her pink tutu (hahah, was that cheesy?)

karin said...

Too cute. You really do know how to throw a party.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Shauni you and your cuteness never seem to fail...can you do all my holiday & kid parties. You ALWAYS have the best ideas and cutest themes! SO glad your mom came. It helps to have visitors to break up the month. You are AMAZING!

The Teeples Times said...

What a darling, darling pink party!! You are always out-doing yourself!! Her tutu is so cute!! Happy Birthday Abbi!! Glad your mom was there. Did you get my message?? I need your cell phone number - call me 973-347-0565

Carolee said...

Wow! I love that party!! Happy Birthday to Abbi girl! Can't believe she is already one! Glad you are getting by with Colby gone.

Mike and Kim said...

Megan loved Abbi's party, and now she wants one too. Well done!