Sunday, November 22, 2009

Blessing #14

Technology

I am so grateful for modern technology. I know I sound like Kip
Dynamite, but seriously I feel so blessed
that even though I am hundreds of miles away from my family, my
husband and many of my friends I can still easily keep in touch. I am so grateful
that this morning I was able to video chat with Colby and the boys could
show him their basket ball metals and Abbi could wave to him.
I am so glad that I can pick up the phone and call someone
anytime, and they can answer on their cell phone while they are
grocery shopping. How cool is it that my brother in law Mike can post
pictures on his blog while he is in Africa
and I can see them minutes later in Des Moines??
I often take for granted all of our modern convenieces,
but they are such a blessing! Whenever I think of technology
I think of my Grandpa Stewart. A couple of years ago my parents gave him
a CD for Christmas. He had no idea what it was.
When they explained it to him he said, "OH, so that what that
slit in my dashboard is for?" He is a crack up!
Here is a tribute to technology (mostly for Colby)
that I got from youtube.


2 comments:

Heather said...

oh my heck i love it!!! i ditto technology too!!

Britney said...

This made me laugh today. Thanks.

I love the blessings you're counting this month. What a great way to celebrate life and the upcoming holiday. Glad you're doing well.