Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day Twenty Nine




Today was the Des Moines Marathon, I was bummed that I wasn't participating in it.  It's hard to believe that a year ago I was running a marathon and today I got winded walking into church.  Oh, the things we do for kids!  It's a good thing they are so worth it.

10 comments:

karin said...

I am still impressed that you run marathons. I have thought about running the Disneyland one though.

Molly said...

I didn't know you ran a marathon, that's AWESOME! I want to do a 1/2 in the spring and hopefully a full one someday!

Celeste Adams said...

AHHHH! That was so much fun. I was just thinking about that the other day and tomorrow is our one year mark. I can't believe how much has changed since then. I really miss you and all of our time together running. You have been such good motivation for me and I will forever be greatful for you. You'll have to check back, I'm going to do a post on my blog about the marathon also.

Michelle Woj said...

Wow, you ran a marathon!? You are crazy! But what a great accomplishment. Congrats! My husband is thinking about doing one next year. Me? I'll just stick to the 5ks. Short & Sweet. :)

The Obergs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Obergs said...

hahah! I'm glad it's not just me. I'm always out of breath doing the stupidest things and Taylor always looks at me like I'm the most out of shape person ever! I think he doesn't realize it's because I really can't breath in very deep so everything besides laying down becomes a challenge. I'm thinking about going to the gym today for the 4th time since I got pregnant. It kills me that I'm still paying for that stupid membership and I'm never using it... however, this trip to the gym may just stay in the planning stages.

Jai said...

Hey to answer your question we moved from North Logan to Nibley. We were living in a 3 bedroom apt while I am finishing nursing school but we were able to purchase a 5 bedroom house. It is so nice to actually have space and my kids each get their own room plus a play room (much needed). My husband is a painter and specializes in faux finishing, so I can't wait for the season to slow down for him so he has time to paint our home.
I had a dream about us the other night being "pinky pals" HeHeHe

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I still can't believe you ran a marathon, that is so AWESOME! I can barely run a mile not pregnant! Don't worry next year I'll watch your kiddos so you can run it again! In less than a month you will be able to breath again, and not get winded getting up off the couch :)

Britney said...

Cute blog, Shauni. And what great marathon pictures. That must have been so thrilling to cross the finish line!

Just think. A few more weeks and you'll be crossing a different finish line. I'm sure you'll feel just as relieved and gratified when your pregnancy ends and your new life with your sweet baby begins. :)

The Teeples Times said...

I can relate (not to running a marathon, but out of breath and I'm not even pregnant anymore). We better start training soon for the 1/2 marathon,eh? It'll be a killer for me and a breeze for you.