Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day Twenty Five




Bitey, the wonderfish.

Bitey, our Beta is a wonderfish for a couple of reasons.

1. He has survived for over a month, which in our fish tank is a long time (ask the twenty or so fish that we had before Bitey)

2. He frequently looks like he's dead.  He doesn't really swim, he just floats in the plants.  At least once a day I will tap on the glass to make sure he is still alive.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"I call the big one Bitey" Did you name your fish after a Simpsons episode?

shauni said...

Actually, yes. I'm impressed that you knew that. I thought my husband was the only Simpsons fan who would remember such a detail- way to go Emily!

Celeste Adams said...

I am glad you guys found a fish that has been alive for a month! Hopefully nothing happens now, cuz I'm sure the boys are attached. I've heard that chinese fighting fish are pretty resilent.