While Colby was busy having a "man day" (i.e. golfing, going to dinner and attending Priesthood session), the boys and I decided to have some fun of our own. So, we headed to Cambridge, IA to the apple orchard with the Nances.
We were surprised how many other people had the same idea. The apple orchard was VERY crowded, we had to wait in line to buy tickets and get snacks at the country store.
The kids had a blast playing in the corn pool (something I'm convinced you could only find in Iowa).
Carter loved feeding the animals, but he fed them one corn kernel at a time. Some of the animals got frustrated by his slow pace and wouldn't come back over to eat. He ended up yelling, "hey pigs, over here, I have some food."
Of course, we also had to pick apples (which I went to great lengths to help the kids reach, doing acrobatics no pregnant woman should do).
We also went on a hay ride, let the kids jump on the giant "jumping pillow" and got apple donuts and cider to snack on. Thanks Lisa and kids for joining us, we had a great day!
7 comments:
That is so cute. I agree you probably shouldn't be doing those things 9 months prego. But hey, you are superwoman. I really miss you. I wish I could be there for you right now.
It looks like you had a great time---don't you just love the corn pool? I will definitely miss that when we no longer live in Iowa.
Ooo that looks like fun! Yeah, I don't know of any corn pool here in Utah. ;)
You look so cute!
This is one of my FAVORITE fall activities! Such fun!
Shauni you are such a fun mom! The boys are going to have such good memories of their childhood, I'm sure they'll be talking about the "corn pool" for years to come.
P.S. I'm so glad that you got the informative pregnancy widget on your side bar. However, I'm real jealous because your green line is SOOOO much further along than mine. Who decided that 9 months is a good gestation time? The waiting is killing me!
Carter's stinginess with the farm animals made me laugh -- that's what Megan does every time she shares with me. She's more than willing to share, as long as she can give me a half of a piece that she's already bitten off.
What's with the "man day" for Colby, and when do I get one?
The acrobatics as pregnant as you are are impressive. LOVE Carter "feeding" the animals. I am glad you had a good time during Colby's "man day," we try to do fun stuff then too.
Post a Comment