Monday, October 13, 2008

Day Twenty Four


I've been tagged!  Post five things about your kids that others may or may not know.

 Kid #1:  Ammon

1. After twelve hours of labor,  Ammon was born via c-section.

2. Ammon was mobile at an early age,  he started crawling at 7 months and walking at 10 months. He is still always on the go.


3. Ammon loves fruit,  he considers fruit cups, mandarin oranges and strawberries a treat.  A couple of months ago we took the boys to Mcdonalds for icecream and Ammon asked if he could have a yogurt parfait instead.


4. Ammon loves Science.  He knows more about sharks, snakes and other reptiles than I do. He loves reading books about animals and watching the Discovery channel.  He especially enjoyed watching "shark week."


5. Ammon loves to swim!  He recently started "diving" for dive sticks at the pool and swimming on his own  (without a life jacket!) This Summer,  he got swimmer's ear and it was miserable. He now reminds me that we have to blow dry his ears after we swim.

Kid #2:  Carter

1. Carter spent his first week in the NICU,  he recovered quickly and has not been sick very often since then. 

2. If you ask Carter to do something that he doesn't want to do,   he will tell you that he is sick. I don't know where he learned this- but it only took a couple of times for me to figure out that he was "crying wolf."


3. Carter loves to play soccer.  He learned to dribble a soccer ball about the same time that he learned how to walk.  He loves to go to soccer practice with Colby and Ammon, and although he's not officially part of the team he got to play in the game on Saturday (we didn't have enough subs). I guess that's the benefit of having daddy be the coach.  He was grinning from ear to ear.


4.  Carter likes to play with my hair when he's tired.  This started when he was just a couple of weeks old and he still plays with my hair when he's sitting on my lap or laying next to me.


5. Thanks to a state puzzle,  Carter knows the location of many of the U.S. states.  He can also tell you which states you have to drive through to get from Iowa to Utah (to visit Grandma and Grandpa),  from Iowa to Michigan (to visit Cannon), and from Iowa to California (to see Lightning McQueen race).  He also knows which states Isaac and Megan live in.

8 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

I love this tag we just love both your little guys! I love that Carter loves your hair that is so sweet. Barrick does the same thing! Also Ammon looks so cute in that lion costume I remember that like it was yesterday! WOW how time flies! Scotty and I were talking about how taken care of your baby girl is going to be with two big brothers. So cute!

The Obergs said...

Oh I love this tag too. It is weird to see the baby pictures of Ammon, I'd almost forgotten what he looked like as a newborn. I'm more and more impressed by your home making skills as the time nears for me to have those same skills. I can't believe you made that whole lion costume by yourself, it is adorable. What cute little boys you have.

sarita said...

The picture of Carter with two binkies in his mouth at the same time is so cute! I can't wait to see what your little girl looks like.

rkkorth said...

Wow Shauni you are on the ball. I learned so much about your little boys. What a smart little bugger Carter is. I don't think I could name the states between here and Iowa and I have an advanced degree!! I love the picture of Ammon in the bouncer...we had the same bouncer for Kate when she was born...memories!

karin said...

This is a great tag! Your boys are so cute and smart! So was Carter born via c-section?

Lisa said...

I love the picture of Ammon in the lion costume. You did a good job making it. I'm sure I couldn't handle that complex of a sewing project. It's so sad how fast they grow. :(

Michelle Woj said...

How cute! I loved reading all the things about your boys. :) What a smarty pants, I don't even know what states are from Iowa to California!

Carolee said...

That was fun! I loved seeing the boys as little babies, again! They look somewhat the same but also different and so are their little personalities! Can't wait to hear all about your little girl.