Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring

On Saturday,  my friend Lisa threw me a baby shower.  It was so much fun to get together with friends for the afternoon and be "showered" with cute things for our little girl.  Lisa made a ton of yummy food and there was a great turn out.  I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friends in Iowa.  I am so grateful for their generosity and their willingness take the time out of their busy schedules to spend the afternoon with me.   Thank you everyone (and an extra big thank you to Lisa), you are wonderful!



Shauni, Lisa and Oakley at the shower.


This is a really terrible picture of me, but what picture nowadays isn't? 
This is one of the only pictures I have of me opening gifts, and I love this cute little dress- so you'll have to ignore the strange expression on my face!


Sara and her cute little girl Maddie.


Heather and Brenna.  (we were lucky to have lots of cute baby girls at the shower)


Laura and Natalie.


Tausha, Lily, Julie and Zoe. (still more cute little girls at the shower)

Kelly and Becca.

I know my picture captions were pretty boring, sorry.  The more pregnant I get, the less creative I am.  Thanks again everyone for a great day.

7 comments:

The Obergs said...

how fun! I'm so excited for you to get all of these cute baby girl things. She's going to be the cutest little girl ever. You do have some pretty good friends.

Celeste Adams said...

Now That makes me home sick! I wish I could have been there. I want to see you get showered with gifts for a baby girl. I'm so excited for you and glad everything is going good. Miss you!

Aleese and Scott said...

How fun what a nice friend to throw you a shower! Little girl outfits are the funnest to get because they are always so cute! I think you look great!!!

The Teeples Times said...

I am so glad your friends out there are taking care of you since we aren't out there! I can't wait to see pics of your little princess. I love the part about Colby's pig foot suturing in her nursery. She must never know.

The Harward Family said...

I am so happy you got a shower. It's so fun to get cute little girls things! And Eww gross on the pictures of Colby and that foot or whatever it was. Yuck. I don't know how he does it.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Isn't pink great! It was so fun to come, and I can't wait to meet this little girl in person!

sjmiller said...

How fun! Isn't it a change from boys? Baby girl showers are so much fun! And, so much pink after so much blue!

I'm excited for you!

And, so good to see Becca! Hi Becca!!