Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Decade

Today Colby and I are celebrating our ten year wedding anniversary. As I was thinking about what to write to commemorate a decade of marriage, I remembered reading this on my friend Maryann's blog. I had to laugh as I read about her describing some blog posts that her friends had written about their husbands being "almost nausea inducing." I am totally guilty of this. Generally when I write about Colby it is very sappy, lovey-dovey kind of stuff because I really, really love him and I don't know how to express that without being sappy and lovey-dovey. So before I start with the "reasons why I love Colby" part of my post, I'll just throw this out there; we don't have a perfect marriage, (I know I had you all fooled). Sometimes we fight, sometimes we drive each other crazy. Colby likes to be early to things and I am incapable of being anywhere on time. I forget to reset the trip meter after I fill the van up with gas and Colby always leaves crumbs on the kitchen counter after he makes a sandwich. I love to entertain big crowds of people and Colby would rather just have a few close friends over. I don't understand his desire to own so many guns and watches, and he doesn't understand my desire to "celebrate the hell" out of birthdays and holidays. But despite all of it's imperfections, our marriage is pretty darn good. In fact, I can't imagine it being much better. I feel so blessed to be able to share my life with such a wonderful person. (yeah, I know it's getting sappy.)

Ten Reasons Why I LOVE Colby

1. He's a hottie. Hubba. Hubba


2. He has never forgotten a birthday, anniversary or Valentine's day.


3. He's a great father.


4. He still thinks fart jokes are funny.




5. He looks good in scrubs. Which is good, because that's all he ever wears these days.



6. He has great hair. Especially when he has bed head, it's adorable.


7. He makes me laugh.


8. He's a hard worker. I can't even tell you how many late nights/early mornings he puts in, and he never complains about it.


9. He loves food, particularly my food. He makes me feel like I'm a first rate chef.


10. He's so practical. In fact, he loves our mini-van because it's so practical.

There you have it. The good, the bad, the sappy, the truth. I can't wait to see what the next ten years will bring.

9 comments:

Janene said...

Congratulations on 10 years!!! That's quite the accomplishment!

Shauni, I LOVED this post. I don't think you were too sappy, and I loved reading the nitty-gritty about what makes the two of you YOU.

The pictures are priceless. I especially love the one under #9. You both look so different, yet so much the same. I love the necklace on Colby and the friendship bracelet on you... It totally reminds me of high school.

Hope you get to have fun and get to celebrate! Happy Anniversary!!!!

The Obergs said...

wow, that 10 years has gone by fast. Seriously fast! I love the engagement picture of you guys, you both look like kids.

Happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

love it. all of it...
especially how you "celebrate the hell" out of birthdays and holidays. me too & i wouldn't do it any other way!!!!

xo.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

What a great milestone in marriage. I was completely fooled about your marriage...you guys argue? Shocking! Love..."celebrate the hell"...I can hear Colby saying that. Hope you guys had a fun time celebrating. Wonder where we will all be in 10 more years?

Briana said...

Thanks for your blog address, I had fun looking at this post. 10 years IS a big deal! Congratulations (a few days late)!!

The Teeples Times said...

AHHHH!! Tender!! YOu guys are a wonderful couple, here's to 50 more years!! lOve you both!!

Maryann said...

Not feeling even a bit nauseous. I loved reading it all.

Happy Anniversary!

sarita said...

I love to "celebrate the hell" out of birthdays and holidays too!

Happy anniversary!

chunkymonkey said...

Congrats! And is the watch-thing a guy thing? I've lost track of Tyler's.