Our Valentines day was filled with flowers, chocolates, red, PINK and LoVe. I made these cute chair backers to put the kid's Valentines in, which Colby and the boys thought were way too girly.... you should have seen the HORRIFIED look on Ammon's face when I first showed it to him and he thought I was going to make him take it to school. Despite Colby's request to put a skull and cross bones or a "dude shooting an elk" on the front of the boy's chair backers, I went with the traditional, girly, heart.
I thought they turned out cute as can be (way cuter than if I had put a "dude shooting an elk" on the front).
Abbi loved hers.
I now have four Valentines decorations. A Valentine tablecloth and three chair backers... oh, and the latex balloons that I buy every year. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of my cute little boys. They were too busy filling their little faces with Valentine candy.
Colby surprised Abbi and I with some beautiful flowers.
Abbi was reunited with her buddy Logan, who has been out of town for a couple of weeks. These two were so excited to see each other, they couldn't stop hugging and holding hands. Should I be concerned that my two year old had a Valentine "date"?
Abbi got this cute little Valentine car. Abbi has been wanting a little car like this for months. I decided I should start looking for one when she started asking if we could go to the "orange store" (Home Depot) so she could drive the cars. Before you start thinking that I am favoring Abbi, let me tell you about the incredible deal that I got on this little tykes car. It was on clearance at Target for $25- which I was pumped about. But I was even more excited when I got up to the register and it rang up for $12.40!! There are few things I get as excited about as getting a good deal.... it was totally worth the three hours it took me to assemble, with my bare hands, and a screw driver, and no help from my husband. I am so proud. I hope you all had a great Valentine's day too!
6 comments:
Such cute decorations, you did awesome! I have to say, I watched Jason put together Gaven's car for Christmas and I'm mighty impressed... it took some real muscle. I don't think I could have done it myself!!
I love the chair backers!! So cute and clever. Glad you all had a good day. Can't wait to see you...
I can totally see Ammon's reaction...that is hillarious!! Boys! I think your chair backers are adorable...what a super crafty mommy you are!! I'm with you - I get super excited about a great deal too, and that definitely ranks up there. I paid that much to buy used ones on craigslist. She'll love her car- Ethan & Gavin love theirs! It kind've makes me feel bad we never bought one for Dallin when he was younger..oh well! I really loved talking to you the other day. Let's catch up again soon!
hahah, I can only imagine ammon's "horrified" face...hahahha, that's awesome. well, I think they look adorable and you did a really great job.
I love the little car that you got Abbi! our neighbor has one of those and Hazel is CONSTANTLY trying to take it off of their porch. It would be great if I could get one of these for her too. I'll have to check Target in Layton and see if the have any.
Shauni, you're amazing! What a great idea for the chair backers!
Oh, and they DO look A LOT cuter than they would have with a dude shooting an elk!
Post a Comment