Once upon a time there were three little kiddos who really, really wanted a pet. Their parents bought them fish after fish after fish, but they just kept being flushed and flushed and flushed. They decided to ask Santa for a puppy and were quite disappointed when they discovered that there are no animals allowed on Santa's sleigh. Then they were given a tadpole. It was going to be a "great learning experience" to watch this little guy sprout legs and grow into a little frog. But the poor little guy only survived one day..... four tadpoles later these children inherited a frog from their friends. The kids lovingly named the little frog "Sea Monster." They loved to hold him and catch live crickets to feed him. The children's mother frequently found herself saying things she NEVER thought she would say such as, "stop pulling the legs off crickets and bringing them in the house!" and "Oh, what a cute little sea monster!" But overall, they didn't mind the little creature. And, you guessed it, they all lived happily ever after....
3 comments:
You're such a nicer mom than I am! I keep telling my kids no pets...We've never even attempted the fish because I remember mine dying!
I love that last picture of the sea monster on Carter's head and the fact that Ammon is having a staring contest with it! ;) Cute pictures!
So sweet! We're a no-pets-house here, so I applaud your adventure into amphibian land, but don't want to show my kids this, just in case they get any ideas.
I love the last picture. But that Sea Monster is gross.
Post a Comment