Friday, February 04, 2011

Crazy Texas Weather

Recently, we have discovered that the weather here in Texas can change faster than you can blink your eyes. I'm not going to lie... I kind of love it. It is a little surprise every morning when I wake up, I never know what I'm going to get. For example; here are my little rugrats on January 27th...


(I know they look like little ragamuffins).

On January 31st it cooled down a little so we had to put jackets on for our bike ride.
(the cute little blondie is Abbi's "best fwiend Oggie")


And this morning, we woke up to the fluffy white stuff. (about one inch of it, but apparently that is enough to cancel school, cancel the ward party, and cancel the boys basketball games tomorrow).
By 7 am this morning, the kiddos were out playing in the snow. It's a good thing too cause a lot of it had melted by this afternoon.


We thoroughly enjoyed our snow day. We made sugar cookies and hot chocolate. We watched movies, played Uno and Dominoes and had homemade corn chowder and breadsticks for dinner.




And while we were here enjoying our inch of snow (that was too dry to make a snowball out of), I was only mildly jealous that Colby was enjoying the greatest snow on earth in Park City today. I can't tell you how much I'd love to be skiing right now, maybe in 2 years and 5 months when we move back to Utah- but who's counting??

8 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

That is crazy shorts to snow in just a couple of days. I am glad you got some snow and sounds like you guys had such a fun day!

Skye O. said...

I think it snowed in Texas just for YOU!! I'm totally jealous of Colby too. "someday"

Janene said...

Don't you love how everything shuts down for the inch? I have to admit...I loved the WHOLE day. It's nice to have an excuse to just stay home. Hope you're feeling better!

The Obergs said...

Shauni, you really know how to make a snow day sound fun. Can you come up with some good ideas for me? Every day is a "snow day" for us and it's getting a little boring.

We had a great time with Colby, thanks for letting him come!

Mike and Kim said...

I am impressed that your kids have snow clothes in Texas. But you are right you never know what you are going to get in Texas.

Your little ragamuffins are so cute.

shauni said...

Their snow clothes are from last year and luckily still fit. I'm sure in 2 years they won't have snow clothes!

Natali Jolley said...

Good thing you were prepared with the snow gear...I guess Iowa, and Utah, gets you ready for that. Miss you guys so very much. I get a little jealous that you girls still get to see each other because I long for familiar faces sometimes.

Summer said...

What a fun snow day! What a cool mom you are!!!