Sunday, February 21, 2010

On flowers, chocolates and formal dances...

I am a typical girl. I like flowers, chocolates, love songs, chick flicks, formal dances and figure skating. Colby is a typical guy. He does not. But, he is a great guy and he humors me. He sends me flowers, even though "they are a waste of money and they just die." He lets me have first pick at the box of chocolates and doesn't complain when I take one bite, decide I don't like it, and give it to him. He listens to love songs and watches chick flicks with me, even though he knows I am just going to cry at the end. And for the past three years, Colby has taken me to the Winter formal at his school (yes, we are 30 years old and still going to school dances). This year, we talked our friends the Campbell's into going with us and we had a great time.



Megan, Aupreille and I at the Gala.


Megan and Jason Campbell .


I couldn't resist posing in front of this backdrop. Again.


Now if I could just talk Colby into watching some Olympic figure skating with me...

10 comments:

Maria said...

That's so funny! And cute! I think I would do the same if we were still in school. Girls never get over the mushy gushy stuff! :)

karin said...

I love that you took another photo there. It is great when husbands do things just because they know we like it.

Aleese and Scott said...

I think that is awesome!! I agree I think any chance to get out and dance with your husband is so fun!

Mike and Kim said...

I got Kim a folding table for Valentine's Day, and there was no dancing for us. I guess you got the better Frost brother.

And figure skating is killing the olympics for me. I was loving all the events at the beginning of last week, but now every time I turn on the TV, it's ice dancing, or men's singles.

Horrible.

The Obergs said...

ummm... how do I say this without sounding totally gross? Colby looks hot in that first picture... there, I said it. I don't know if it's the scruff, or the lighting, or the casualness of his suit without a tie; but something about this picture is screaming male model. Hello!!

(Colby, I obviously only think you're hot in a sisterly kind of way. Feel free to tell me I look smokin' at any time. P.S. I believe you owe me a phone call)

Shauni, you are looking hot too, as is Megan Campbell. There must be something in the water in Iowa.

How nice that Colb does girlie things for you. Taylor will not do any of those things, however he does watch figure skating with me. In fact, he would willingly watch 'Ice Dancing' if it weren't for me complaining about how much I HATE Ice Dancing. (Ice Dancing is on a par with Rhythmic Gymnastics... why do they keep these terrible sports in the Olympics?)

shauni said...

Mike, don't feel bad about the folding table- Colby got me RAM for Valentines day (that's right, as in memory for my computer) so he definitely has his "not so romantic" moments (although in his defense, I did need RAM so it was very practical). Crystal, I don't think that sounds gross- I think he's hot too!

archiecrew said...

You guys look so good! I think its cute you still dance together! Reminds me of days long ago....

Frost Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frost Family said...

First 4 sentences of the post....all i can say is ATTA BOY colb!!! We are still going to have to try to take down those chicken nuggets. You are looking trim by the way!!

The Teeples Times said...

I can't remember the last dance I went to - Weber?? How fun and sweet! You are looking FABULOUS, as always!! I must admit that I did get Tad to watch "most" of the figure skating with me...Dallin even thought the moves were impressive.