Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Greatest Snow on Earth

One of our favorite things about Utah is all the great SNOW !!  Sure, it snows in Iowa but it is icy and we don't have any mountains.  It doesn't come close to the "greatest snow on earth." We took advantage of the great snow by going skiing and sledding during our trip.  



We went sledding with Grandma Stewart and it was a beautiful day.


The boys had a great time with their cousins Baylee and Natalee. 



They got in a snowball fight with Grandma and were covered with snow. 
 Good thing it was a nice day!
We went skiing with the Frost family and had a blast!  Ron, Jared, Dan, Logan, Crystal, Taylor, Colby and I went up to Brighton and it was frigid.  Despite the cold, it was a great day. Nothing can compare to a good day of skiing. 


The gang at the top of the ski hill.


Colby and I warming up at the end of the day.



Our day was almost thwarted by some missing ski equipment, thanks to Carolee,
 Crystal and Susan for lending me theirs !!


Crystal, Colby and Jared.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you had so fun! I LOVED seeing you guys this trip! I sure miss you as a neighbor, but I love catching up with you on your blog! Hope you had a happy new year!

Heather said...

Looks like you had so fun! I LOVED seeing you guys this trip! I sure miss you as a neighbor, but I love catching up with you on your blog! Hope you had a happy new year!

Heather said...

Sorry, I clicked publish twice!!!
Double Love :)

karin said...

Looks like fun for you- I know how much your family enjoys snow activities. I am not so much a snow person but I think it looks fun for others.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I totally agree about the snow! Although I still just like looking at it from a distance. The best kind of snow to me is the kind the politely dusts the tops of the mountains and leaves me alone in my flip flops.

The Obergs said...

It IS the greatest snow on earth isn't it!? Colby and Shauni, it was so fun having you guys here for the break, I loved every minute we all got to spend together. Also, I will say that it was so nice having another girl skiing with the group. Sometimes it's nice to have someone around that isn't always taking about their "golf balls and flashlight" (thanks for that image Dan). Despite the subzero temps we still had a great day and Shauni I am impressed with how well you've kept up your skiing skills despite your two little boys. All I have to say is.... BINGO BANGO!

sjmiller said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! Looks like you had a lot of fun with family and friends!

I'm with Rebecca... I'll enjoy the snow from the inside. But, i tis fun to play in occasionally.

So glad you guys had a fun trip!

Unknown said...

All I need is for you to do a backflip and this post is the classic Shauni Stewart I knew growing up!

Aleese and Scott said...

Scotty and I are so jealous we miss the snow so much and in Maryland this week we are hitting records for how warm it is, it has been in the sixties. I can't complain though with a new baby I am glad it has been warm. Well we missed you guys but we are glad you were able to go back to Utah and enjoy family.