Sunday, January 20, 2008

The ABC's of me

I got tagged by my friend Skye, so you get to hear from me once again. This is the ABC's of you. Each player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

A- Attached or single: Attached.

B- Best Friend: Colby all the time, Kami, Lisa Harward and Jen in Utah, Lisa Nance and Celeste in Iowa, Ammon and     Carter when I want to laugh. 

C-Cake or Pie: Cake definitely. Especially chocolate.


D- Day of Choice: Thursdays for TV. Friday nights for social activities and Sundays because that's the only time Colby is home. (I would say Sundays all around but I'm really not loving this 9 am church)

E- Essential Item: Cute jeans to wear, icecream to eat, a sippy cup and fruit snacks if I'm going shopping with my boys.

F- Favorite Color:  Purple or brown to wear, red for my house.

G- Gummi Bears or Worms: Worms.

H- Hometown: Layton, Utah 

I- Indulgence(s): reading, taking time for myself to go running, eating gooey icecream, shopping

J- January or July: July for sure. FYI last night it was negative 5 degrees, negative 19 with the wind chill factor. 

K-Kids: Ammon- almost 5, Carter-almost 3

L-Life is incomplete without: My sweet husband and two little boys.

M- Marriage Date: February 15, 2001

N- Number of Siblings: Four, two brothers Scott and Daniel and two sisters Jen and Leslee

O- Oranges or Apples: Apples, right now I am on a honeycrisp apple kick.

P- Phobias or Fears: rodents and reptiles.

Q- Quote(s): "It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly."  This is on the wall above my computer, it will be my mantra for the next 5 1/2 years.

R- Reason To Smile: Only one more semester of "book work."  Almost seven years of marriage and I am still totally in love. After 5 days off the boys go back to preschool tomorrow. Colby's parents are coming to visit in March. The kids are in bed and Colb is studying and I am sitting in complete silence.

 S- Season: Fall, although right now I am really looking forward to Spring. 

T- Tag Six: Marcie, Karin, Emily, Leslee, Aleese, Crystal, anyone else who will!

U- Unknown Fact About Me: I have been tagged so many times I don't know if I have any secrets anymore. When I was little I had a pet hamster that I liked to dress up in Barbie clothes. His short life ended tragically when he hung himself by the blind cord. (I swear, this is true)

V- Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animal: Neither, I really like vegetables and chicken- but not many other meats.

W- Worst Habit: Hands down being late. I am always at least 4 minutes late to everything.

X- X-Rays or Ultrasounds: I've never broken a bone so I guess ultrasounds.

Y- Your Favorite Food: Chicken, Ice cream, breakfast food for dinner.

Z: Zodiac: Aries

12 comments:

karin said...

I will do it- I need to post anyway. And I enjoy reading them.

Heather said...

I Love the one on letter "U" about the hamster... I had one when I was little as well and left it in the basement over night b/c I got so sick of listening to it playing in it's wheel.. so the next morning I woke up to a dead FROZEN hamster! I know pretty grose!!! :)
Anyways, It's always fun to read stuff about you~

sarita said...

The hamster story is my fave as well. I might have to get the extended version of the story from you sometime.

Unknown said...

It must have been a pretty skinny hamster, or you got the clothes from Muumuu barbie.

The Obergs said...

Shauni, I think I pretty much knew all those things about you except for your poor suicidal hamster. Barbie clothes can be torture you know, especially if he was a boy hamster. I guess I don't blame him....

Mike and Kim said...

I don't think we will ever get a hamster. I have heard of too many emotionally unstable hamsters. AKA; the famous story of Mike's hamster eaten by Dan's hamster. I think Mike still has issue about that.

Frost Family said...

Those weren't hamsters!! They were gerbils and your gerbil aka "Fat Max" was weeded out of the gene pool by my gerbil "Ralph". And Colby's gerbil "Jason" the only all black gerbil i have ever seen, died years before that. (Probably the only time i have ever cried over the loss of a pet besides tiger tail).

The Obergs said...

hey! What about Ty Detmer Frost? Does nobody care about him? He was my first and only gerbil and his life was much too short. I will always remember the cannibal gerbil Ralph, that was totally disturbing. How did Kim get those mixed up with hamsters?? they're way different :)

The Obergs said...

Remember when Colby picked Jason up by the tail and his tail fell off? Or was that Ralph?

Frost Family said...

That was definitely Jason. I believe that Colby kept the nasty shriveled up tail for a long time after that. I don't even remember Ty Detmer Frost, how did he meet his demise? Don't tell me it was at the paws of Ralph!!

shauni said...

Disturbing. Colby just confirmed that he did save Jason's tail in a shoe box. It's official, we are never getting hamsters, or gerbils, or any other type of rodent. P.S. Crystal, I think it's cute that you named your gerbil Ty Detmer Frost.

shauni said...

Colby also just reminded me that you had a cat named Peachfuzz Butterscotch Frost, I don't know about that one.