We had a great pre-Christmas Christmas this weekend with our little family. The boys are at such a fun age! We did a lot of our own family traditions and it was a fun celebration.
"Christmas Eve" we did fondue, it was good and cheesy.
Carter's favorite part was the sharp, blue fondue fork
(which I was a little hesitant to give him, but he did great).
We read the story of the birth of Christ and sang Christmas carols, then we watched "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" and got our little peanuts in bed.
We had a great time playing Santa. In an effort to be organized, Colby wanted to make sure we remembered which presents were which. (So the boys didn't open a transformer first and then be disappointed in clothes). He tried remembering what we had wrapped for the first couple of presents, then he started just writing what was in the present on the tag. I thought this was hilarious. (I guess there are advantages to having kids who can't read).
Ammon trying out the new scooter from Grandma Stewart.
We had a great time, but we can't wait to go to Utah and celebrate Christmas with our families. I have been a little nervous about the weather, but after watching the local news tonight (where the weatherman claimed that Monday will be such a beautiful day that "Bing Crosby would sing about it") my mind is now at ease.
6 comments:
Looks like a great Pre-Christmas. If we ever move away, we will have to start doing that too. Those blankets look comfy.
K, I love the PJ's... I think they are cuter then Christmas one's. And the boys look great in the Iowa sweatshirts.
You guys are probably on your way to Omaha right now, I'm so excited to see you and the boys! It looks like your Christmas was so much fun, It's nice that you are able to start your own traditions. Chelsey and I laughed and laughed about Ammon's "surprised" face. Chelsey decided that the coloring book was not worthy of the look of shock and excitement on his face. Hopefully Ammon and Carter will be just as excited tomorrow. Fly safe!
Hey Shauni,
if you read this I forgot to bring your cell# with me.. Are you kidding me?!?!?
email me at nhmiller25@msn.com
and give me your cell# so we can try to get together!!
I hope you are having fun in utah! We are enjoying ourselves so much!
Your early christmas looked so fun!
We enjoyed ours as well!
love ya
~heather
Hope to hear from you....
I love that Colby wrote the gift on the tag! Merry Christmas!
Wow, snow! We had a chilly green-brown Christmas out here. I love White Christmases, but I also love going outside in 50 degree weather in January...! Glad you had a good Christmas.
Post a Comment