Tuesday, September 19, 2006

We Love The Library!

We are lucky enough to live right across the street from the Johnston city library. It is a new facility and they have a great "kids area" where the kids can go to read, do puzzles , play with puppets or just lounge on the giant stuffed lion or dragon. They also have great programs for the kids. Last week we went to a program called "ROAR" and we learned all about lions. We even learned some songs about lions, did a lion dance and made a lion mask. Today at story time the kids learned about bees and honey. They got to sample different kinds of honey, sang a song about bees anbees and colored a bee picture. They each came home with a bit 'o honey candy. The kids love to go to these programs and look forward to story time each week. Sometimes we just walk over to the library to "hang out." The kids love to go to and pick out books and movies. Sometimes if we're lucky, we can even visit Daddy when he is studying. We are so glad that we are able to live so close to the library.
 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

It's about time you had a new post, we check every day! Your library looks like a lot of fun. The library by us got shut down for renovations last year and we can't wait until it opens.

The Obergs said...

How Fun!!! I bet the boys love it there. I remember when our family was all crammed in the little apartment and my mom would take mike and I to the library to get us out of the house. Those are some of my favorite memories. Shauni, I love the videos that you sent. Ammon is so cute when he's singing his song! Keep updating.

Anonymous said...

What a fun library!! It looks like so much fun for the boys. Once again, Carter looks blonder every time I see a picture. Thanks for these great pictures--I don't feel so alone without my boys when I see them. Give them a hug for me!