Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lately...


Lately,  we've been busy (but who isn't?) and I've gotten a little behind on my blogging.  Some of the highlights from the last couple of weeks include;


RAIN!

 We've gotten a lot of rain and our grass is actually a shade of green.  Plus, my flowers are looking amazing (thank you Miracle Grow).  I'm starting to think I might be capable of growing something in Texas.


Tumbling

The boys finished off their tumbling class and had an awards night to showcase their skills.  It's been so fun watching them learn new things.




Ammon and Carter with their tumbling coach, Larry.


Pinewood Derby

Ammon had the opportunity to participate in another Pinewood Derby.  He and Colby had a great time designing, building and painting his car.

Hanging out in the garage, waiting for the first paint of coat to dry.

I love how Ammon is concentrating so hard on what Colby is doing.

They had a couple extra helpers.  (Just for the record,  Abbi got herself dressed.  She also loves that hat, which she wore every day for about two weeks until I finally hid it in the top of her closet)

Abbi checking out the dessert "cars" at the derby.

Watching the cars speed by.

 Goodbye to Soccer

The boys finished off another fun and succesful soccer season.  Luckily, this season none of the games were too hot and we had a great time cheering them on. I snapped these pictures with their good friends at Carter's last game of the season. 

Ammon, Abbi, Carter, Austin, Carson, Caden, and Logan.  Do you think Abbi is a little outnumbered?

I love this picture of Brynlee and Abbi.  They look so grown up!  (Once again, Abbi is going through an independent phase and got herself dressed!)

Goodbye to school

It's hard to believe that the boys are finishing up another school year.  The last couple of weeks have been filled with class parties, field trips, awards ceremonies, etc.  Abbi has been thrilled that they've included her in some of these celebrations. 

Abbi and Ammon at the third grade splash pad party.

Joining Carter and his friend, Mason at lunch.

Oh, how I love these three kids.  I have so much fun being a part of their lives!

2 comments:

The Teeples Times said...

gotta love the pinewood derby!! Hours and hours of fun! Your boys look like they're expert gymnasts - that is awesome! I love splash pads...wish we had more down here. Hope your pregnant belly is doing well and you're hanging in there!

Janene said...

I love that your boys do tumbling! What a great activity for them.

And I love the picture of Colby and Ammon chilling in the garage. They look like they are having a great time together!