I am also at the point in my pregnancy where people are starting to say things. I can't leave the house without someone (or everyone) commenting on my big baby bump. These are a few of my favorites that I hear on a daily basis;
"Wow, you look like you're going to pop." (If you think that now, you should see me in 8 weeks.)
"Now when are you due again? You STILL have THAT LONG?? I thought you were due any day."
"I just can't believe how pregnant you look." (translation; you are super huge)
"Are you sure you're not having twins?" (yup, I'm not having triplets either.)
"You just get bigger every week." (isn't that how this whole, "growing a tiny human" thing works?)
Some days I can just take these comments in stride. Other days, it really bothers me and I have to leave Sunday school in tears, vowing that I am never going to go out in public again. (or at least not in the next 8 weeks).
But at the end of every slow moving, hips aching, ankles swelling day, I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for this new little person who will soon be a part of our family. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a mother and for these four little miracles in my life.
I LOVE it when Abbi talks to her little brother and kisses my tummy and talks about all the wonderful things that are surely going to happen when she's a big sister (I'm just hoping she's not terribly disappointed that she's no longer the center of attention.)
I love it when Colby and I sit down together, his hand resting on my belly, and we both chuckle when this baby starts to kick and squirm, when Carter hugs me and says, "Mom, are you feeling okay today?" and when Ammon tells me, "Mom, I'm going to make dinner tonight, you go lay down..."
| Abbi talking to her little brother. |
8 comments:
Shauni, you are beautiful!!! end of story.
love you!!
Shauni, I am so sorry! It's amazing how much those few awkward comments can weigh on our minds, when all the good ones seem to quickly disappear. I remember being told once that I wasn't wearing a very flattering outfit when I was pregnant... Really?!? Who says that? Anyway, I think you are beautiful and can't wait to meet the little guy!
You have the best perspective - I love it! I am SOOO excited for you and this new little boy-o! We love boys at our house! They are so sweet & wild & fun. Hang in there...it'll be over soon. If I saw you, I would say "You look so beautiful my pregnant friend!"
I haven't seen you for a few weeks but I thought you looked FABULOUS! Sometimes I think people either don't know what to say or they are trying to be funny.
Ammon makes dinner!? Send him up here :)
I think you ROCK the huge belly (from the way I remember it with Abby).
There is something unmistakingly beautiful about swollen feet, an aching back and a big belly. No worries, girlfriend, you've still got it... don't you ever let anyone make you feel otherwise!
amen sister! Every day I think about how I can't wait to feel "sexy" again, how I can't wait to get in a really awesome workout, how I can't wait to be able to get up off the floor by myself, or make it through a whole day without a nap/feeling exhausted. But then i think about how lucky I am to be able to have babies and how lucky I am to feel a sweet little babe inside my body, wiggling around, or how fast they grow up and how much of my life I will have to dedicate to all of those aforementioned things, and how child-bearing is such a small phase of my life.
So here's to loving another few weeks of pregnancy even when a relative tells you that she was able to find you in a crowd because she was looking for a "great, big, fat pregnant woman"....
Love you, Shauni. I'm happy for you and your family. Your last three paragraphs made me cry...in a good way. You are beautiful and you have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment