I have a hundred different things I could blog about; TWO trips to Utah, Thanksgiving, Christmas, a certain little princess turning three, the boys going skiing with Colby, New Years..... the list could go on and on. But as I sat down at the computer to end my blogging hiatus, I realized that today it has been two months since my dad passed away. Two months and I miss him more than ever. Two months and I feel as if I am still
learning how to grieve. I always assumed I that if I lost someone close to me I would totally shut down, that I would not be able to function. I have discovered that the opposite is true; it has been the day to day living, the "to do" lists, the holiday preparations, the folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher that has kept me going and made me realize more than ever that life goes on, and that death is a part of our Heavenly Father's plan. My heart is still hurting, I cry in the shower, and I never realized how many sad country songs there are on the radio. The most difficult thing about grieving is that it is ongoing. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a definitive amount of time to we had to grieve prior to feeling better? The best thing about life going on is that
I have a good life, filled with so many blessings. Before I start blogging about the hundred or more
good things that have happened in our lives the past couple of months, I wanted to post these pictures of my dad's funeral.

Me and the kiddos at the funeral.


My two little pallbearers. This breaks my heart.

Benjamin cemetary has a beautiful view of the mountains.
It is really a peaceful place.

Me and Mom.

6 comments:
Your 2 little pallbearers still break my heart.
awwwww... i just love you. everything about this breaks my heart!!
xoxo.
Thinking of you & your family! Can't imagine how difficult it is for you---you're amazing & inspiring!!!
I am so very sorry Shauni. Sometimes even when the sun is shining the brightest, it can still feel so very gloomy. I get that. I hope you know you've been in my thoughts and prayers. I think of you often...
I think your blog hates me....this is the 3rd time I've left this comment. Anyway, I totally cried reading this. I am so sad because you're grieving. It makes me just hurt knowing of your pain. I know your dad loves you and is watching over you! Love you!!
Oh Shauni, I'm bawling while I read this. You are amazing. Thanks for giving a glimpse into what's really going on. Hang in there, and if you EVER need something, I'm here for you. :)
Post a Comment