I had my doubts at first, but in the past six months I have come to LOVE this great state...

I can totally see why everyone is crazy with their "Texas pride,"
I love that the bank down the street from us flies a Texas state flag that is bigger than my house. And speaking of the Texas flag, did you know that school children pledge allegiance to the Texas flag, the state flag? I'm not sure I even remember what any of the other state flags look like.
I love that Walmart carries about a zillion different kinds of fish fry and cornbread muffin mix but not one kind of curry. (this is kind of a love/hate thing, because I really like curry).
I love that my Pilates instructor says things like, "c'mon girls, y'all are gooood," and our old bishop wears overalls to all the ward activities.
I love that tonight when we went to the movies, the boys wore shorts and short sleeves. On the way there we passed a snow cone stand that was open. How can you not love a place where you can buy a snow cone in November?
I LOVE that Colby has a job and that Scott and White gives him things like a turkey for Thanksgiving and a Christmas bonus. Students don't get Christmas bonuses.
I love that our ward playgroup met at different swimming pools all Summer and now that it is "cooler" we meet at different parks.
I love that we have good friends here and that we have people to get together with for big occasions like Thanksgiving and major football games.
Do I want to stay here forever? No. Will I be bummed when we don't have a white Christmas? Probably. But for now, when it is 74 degrees outside at midnight on Nov 25th...
I am in LOVE.
6 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving!!! glad you are loving it.. the ALAMO restraunt is one of my favs.
Hope all is well. missin you.
xo.
Isn't this a great time of year. I'm so happy to see you looking for and finding good even in Texas. Just don't come home with a big new belt buckle.
Love ya
Dad
Told ya. ;)
I think I am almost convinced! :)
it sounds like Texas is the pace for me. currently there is a blizzard outside my window and all I want to do is hunker down in my bed... I'm afraid it's going to be a LONG winter. Enjoy your balmy weather for me.
I only ever spent a weekend in TX, but I am ready to move there for life.
Post a Comment