We knew that having a little girl would add a new dynamic to our family, but I would have never guessed that she would be so different from the boys from so early on. At seventeen months, Abbi has already perfected the art of dramatics like only a girl can. It doesn't take much to turn her little smile into full blown HYSTERICS. Plus, I am a really mean mom so it happens A LOT. I make her sit in her high chair when she eats, I tell her "no" when she throws the silverware in the garbage and I don't even let her play in the toilet. Not that it even takes that much though, if I even look at her wrong she goes from this:
to this:
in a matter of seconds. Her crying then escalates to something like this:
It is actually quite entertaining to watch. (I told you I am a mean mom).
Inevitably the little stinker gives me this look, whimpers a little and says something like, "mama, ma, ma, maaaa..." (and how do you say no to that?) and I pick her up and snuggle her. Amazingly enough, she can turn the crying off as fast as she turned it on and she is immediately okay.
Oh how we love this little drama queen!
8 comments:
Oh, I know all too well about Abbi's dramatic tantrums... Like the time she was SO mad that I wouldn't let her take her baby doll into the bathtub... hahahah. Good thing she's so dang cute. How could you really get mad at that adorable little face? Oh, I just love her. Give her a kiss from auntie Crystal and her buddy Hazel.
And that is why I'm glad we only have one girl in our family. I'm feeling ya! Maya is our little drama queen too.
Yes, Aliza is the same way. Those pictures are so cute and look very familiar. Girls are so much fun and I'm learning VERY tender.
Aliza & Abbi would have lots of fun together.
See ya soon!!! Yipee!
What a cute post. You got some good pictures. They will be fun to show her when she is a mommy.
I love the series shots! So cute. So funny.
Oh, that sounds SO familiar! Girls are SO different than little boys!
These are great pictures!
O the drama of a girl. Just wait until preschool, we are dealing with mini school drama.
Such a girl thing. And I didn't teach it to our little girl. They must be born knowing how to turn on the water works. Love it!!!
Post a Comment