Sunday, April 11, 2010

Celebrate Spring

Birthdays

We have had a lot of birthday celebrations around our house lately. Last week, we celebrated my 31st. Thirty-one was a lot easier to swallow than 30! Colby got a cute little cake and I had a great time opening gifts from my boys.





Taking pictures

What would be a funner way to enjoy the nice, warm, Spring weather than to head outside for a photo shoot. Right? Wrong!! I spent Easter morning trying to capture my kiddos (who were not thrilled about the idea) on my new fancy camera (which I only know how to use on the Auto setting.) I have a new appreciation for child photographers, it is harder than it looks.

Exhibit A


Exhibit B


Exhibit C


What can I say? That Carter has personality!
I did have a little more luck after bribing them with chocolate Easter eggs.






Still not great, but with a little more practice, maybe some photo shop and a lot more chocolate Easter eggs I could have potential...

Easter Morning

I have to give credit to Colby for the fact that my kids even had Easter baskets to find this year. Saturday night I was all geared up to go to bed and Colb said, "don't we need to put out Easter baskets?" Yup. Definitely not up for mother of the year any time soon. But no worries, the little rugrats got plenty of treats. So many that Abbi looked like this most of the day...


and they had no idea that the "Easter bunny" almost forgot to come.

Easter Dinner

We couldn't celebrate Easter without having a ham, some funeral potatoes and homemade rolls. Our friends the Campbells and Fluhmans came over to celebrate with us. We had a great time and are already thinking about next year when we can celebrate together in Texas. We are so excited that we will be living within a couple of miles of these fun families for the next three years.


Abbi and Carter hunting eggs.


Abbi, Spencer and Logan.
Aren't these three little blond babies the cutest thing?

Happy Easter everyone!
How do you celebrate Spring?

4 comments:

karin said...

Happy birthday! Glad it was "easier to swallow" this year. I think taking your own kids photos is hard, mine areso much better for other people (including my dad). My boys have the same basket as Carter. Hopefully I will be having a baby this Spring. We haven't been to the park this week but hopefully it will get nice again and we will be there everyday.

The Obergs said...

oh my gosh, your pictures are so great! In those first couple of pictures it looks like Carter is rocking out in his 'air band'.... but you really did get some great ones and all I have to say is that Abbi's dress is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Happy Easter and Happy Birthday again! You make 31 look GOOD!

archiecrew said...

Happy Birthday Shauni! I think all your pictures look so great! The colors of the outfits are so cute! I need to take some photo lessons from you!

Heather said...

happy birthday!!!! love the pictures. your kids are getting so big! abbi is so darling!

xox.