This year for Spring break, I was the one who got a nice, much needed vacation. My fabulous husband stayed home with the kids and I flew to D.C./Maryland to visit family and see my newest niece and nephew be blessed. Despite delayed and cancelled flights and an unexpected overnight stay in a hotel in New Jersey, it was a fun and relatively low stress trip. Here are the highlights:
1. Spending time with this cute family and attending the twins' blessing.
2. Hearing this cute little guy say, "SAWWNEEE"
3. Meeting Lilly Ann
4. Meeting Liam A.K.A. "Chunk"
5. Visiting with my Uncles Stuart and Trent
6. Spending time with the Neel family Uncles, Aunt and Cousins.
7. Visiting Mike, Kim, Megan and Henry in Arlington.
8. Seeing the White House,
9. and the Lincoln monument.
10. Having D.C.'s three finest tour guides show us around the National Mall.
11. Seeing the plaque depicting my Grandpa Stewart at the WWII memorial, and spending "kid free" time with my parents.
12. Having my dad tell me a hundred times, "a picture is worthless without a person in it," and then having a hundred pictures of myself in front of every attraction we saw.
13. The Jefferson monument.
7 comments:
A trip by yourself looked amazing. Maybe I should try that some time. D.C. is such a fun place too.
Excited to see all of you in a few months! Yipee!! Can you believe it?
you deserved it!!!!!!!!!! what a great trip. you look so great after having 3 kids... what is your secret??? i have 3 & lets just say i'll keep working on it!! :)
love ya.
what a great trip you had! I have to say that your green jacket was probably my favorite part of this whole post. Where did you get it? I LOVE it!
I'm laughing that your dad won't take a picture without someone in it, because as you know, MY dad is on the opposite end of the spectrum. You can pretty much count on him not taking the picture if someone is standing there, hahaha.
I think the tidbit about your grandpa's plaque is very neat. I had no idea that was actually supposed to be him. I wish I would have known that when we were visiting, I would have paid closer attention to it.
Abbi's hair is so long! Her pigtails are just SO CUTE! I can't wait until Hazel has some hair.
I love a good trip and that trip looks fabulous. My dad says the same thing about photos- they must be related. How fun that your dad got to come for a visit. My dad calls my third child "Tornado."
Yahhh, I've been waiting to read what else you saw in DC. Glad you had a good time. And we made your blog!!! We are practically famous now. It was so fun to visit with you. What a great weekend. Hope to see all of your family someday.
Trina
Scotty! You're all grown up!!! Hahaha! His famiily is beautiful! How fun to get to go visit! Looks like it was a great trip!
We were so glad to be able to see you. Next time you come, bring the whole family. Hope the house hunting is going wel1!
Post a Comment