March is a fun month at our house, we get to celebrate both Ammon and Carter's birthdays. Because they are such good buddies, and have many mutual friends, we decided to do a combined birthday party- with a Star Wars theme. I got some fun ideas from the Internet and my friend Summer's blog (thanks for letting me borrow your ideas Summer!) and we went to work on our party preparations. The boys helped me dip pretzels in red and blue chocolate to make "candy light sabers" for the guests to take home.
And just when you thought that Ho Ho's and Ding Dong's couldn't get any more unhealthy- I decided to slather them in chocolate frosting and cover them in fondant to make the light saber cake that Carter requested.
What's a birthday party without a pinata? And what little Jedi party guest wouldn't want to beat up on Darth Vader?
My cake masterpieces that took way too long to make. I have a feeling the boys would have been just as excited about a Walmart sheet cake with a Luke Skywalker toy on top of it, but the pictures are fun.
We also played a "Jedi Fighter" game where the kid got to pick up M & M's with a straw (at this point I realized there was WAY too much sugar happening at this party).
12 comments:
This party takes the "cake"! Those cakes are Amazing. Well done. It looks like a fabulous party. I am sure your boys will be talking about it until next year.
Happy birthday Ammon and Carter!
Those cakes look amazing! I love your new family pictures also.
Holy smokes Shauni, this party is AWESOME! I'm totally impressed by your cake skills. Did you think them up by yourself, or were these the ideas that you found on the internet?
I think the birthday boys were probably having the time of their lives! I can't think of a more entertaining party for two little guys.
Amazing. Do you want to come here in a couple weeks for Adam's birthday? He would love a party like that.
Wow. WOW. You set the bar too high. I'm not going to let my boys know about your kinds of parties.
AWESOME PARTY SHAUNI! The lightsaber cakes are especially amazing! I love the little labels you made for the Yoda Soda too! So creative! I bet everyone had a great time!
You amaze me, seriously you are so talented. Those cakes are awesome! I haven't blogged the quads birthday yet, and I'm really emabrassed too now- their cakes are total ghetto! Cake decorating is much harder than it looks so I am completely impressed by your cake decorating skills! HOw are you ever going to top that? The bar has been set, yikes!
Wow I am totally impressed by your cakes I bet the boys LOVED them!! Wow have you been busy lately looks like the party was a hit!
Happy B-day boys! Your cakes are amazing. What a great Mom to do all of that. I'm sure the boys are still talking about their party. Again, Abi & Logan are so sweet!
Oh my heavens!! All I can say is that you are simply amazing!! I LOVED, LOVED it! Dallin would have had the time of his life. I may have to borrow your ideas sometime. WOW! I LOVED the cakes - they turned out professional!!
Wow, you really go all out! Looks way fun.
That looked like a great party!You're boys are getting so big.
Noah has just started watching Star Wars so we have a fan at our house too.
Post a Comment