Saturday, January 19, 2008

Third times the charm

Ammon is taking swimming lessons (for the third time), but this time he is actually participating!  We are so excited that he is willingly getting in the water and listening to his teachers and he hasn't even whined about the water being too cold.  


Once again, Carter has to sit on the sidelines because he's not 3 yet.  I help ease the disappointment with some bribery from the vending machine.













Hopefully our persistance will pay off and Ammon will learn more about swimming and have a good experinece this time!

8 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

That is so cute and we are also so proud of Ammon. Looks like he overcame the fear from when Colby jumped off the houseboat with him. haha!!! Carter looks so sad on the sidelines.

karin said...

This is making me want to put my boys in swim lessons even more. We have a lady in our ward that teaches but it is by the group not by the kid- so we are trying to get a decent size group together so it isn't too expensive.

Carter is going to expect so many things when he turns 3!

Heather said...

Do you do it through the "Y"??? My kids have done swimming lessons the last 2 years and have loved it! Marlee was the same way until last season & she finally participated as well!! Poor little Carter.. Maybe next time! I could just squeeze his cute little cheecks! Adorable!!!
Have an awesome weekend!!! Nate is off Monday!!!! YEAH :)

Skye O. said...

Good job Ammon! I think that is brave for a 3-year-old to swim at all. I'm not a water person.

You've been tagged for a "Getting to Know Your Friends 2008 ABC's." Go to my blog and copy the post, then fill in your own. You know the drill. Have fun!
Skye O.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Wow...even the thought of getting in a pool of water right now makes me shiver down to the bone! IT IS SOOOO COLD...and I am NOT okay with it. But on a positive note, Good job Ammon. Swimming is the best!!!

Unknown said...

Yay for swimming! If he ever goes to visit his great aunt Marcia and great uncle Walt, he'll be ready!

The Obergs said...

way to go. Maybe the Grandma Frost hydrophobia gene got passed to Ammon, but it looks like he is overcoming it good for him, sad for Carter for always having to sit on the sidelines....life's tough for a 2 year old.

Mike and Kim said...

Megan also had a hard time the first time around with swimming lessons, but I think Mike was more traumatized than Megan attending the Mommy and Me class while I was at work. He says NO to swimming lessons every time I bring it up. Maybe when she is 3.