Wednesday, January 30, 2008

January Thaw

Monday we had some great weather! The temperatures here raised 60 degrees from what they were last week.  We took advantage of the nice weather (51 degrees!) and took the kids to ride bikes and scooters. Unfortunately the "January Thaw" lasted just over 24 hours.  Last night we were back down to negative 24 (with the windchill).  I am grateful for the little miracles in life like one nice day to play outside in the middle of January. 
 


As I was taking this picture of Cannon and Ammon, I told them to smile and say "buddies."  Right after I snapped the picture, Carter ran over and stood by Ammon saying, "BUDDDDIIIES."  It was so cute I had to take another picture.


10 comments:

Heather said...

That is so cute of carter! I hope that Cayden & Garrett can be Buddies like that~
Isn't our school district so funny! I mean our kids could go ride their bikes as well with a coat and some gloves!! :) lol

P.S. Nate got me Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 for christmas! It is so fun to spice up the pictures but, Oh my heck it will take me 2 years to figure out how to use it all!!!!!!! :)
Have a great week!

Mike and Kim said...

When I hear "negative 24 degrees" all I can think of is the bad guy in Terminator 2 freezing and cracking into a million pieces.

Iowa must be where scientists discovered absolute zero.

karin said...

That is really cute and great that they were able to play outside. But 51 degrees is still too cold for us to play outside. I hope it gets warmer soon for you- I know how hard it is to keep active boys inside for days (not weeks or months).

Lisa said...

I love how Carter thinks he is faster without a bike. He's so cute just running by the kids.

Carolee said...

Yikes!! I can't say I miss the cold. It has been in the mid-50's almost everyday since we moved to Vegas. I guess, Sin City is also Sun City. Cute pictures of the boys!

The Obergs said...

51 degrees is balmy! How would that be... and then to have it change again so fast. When do I get a January thaw, it doesn't even get warm enough for me to knock the ice clods off of the wheel wells on my car. (they are a rock-solid frozen mass, I can't even get them to budge). The boys look cute as ever

Aleese and Scott said...

Carter is such a little sweetheart I love how he just adores Amon! I love the pictures and that is a huge blessing to be able to go outside! I am feeling cooped up I can't imagine what it would be like with two little buddies that are so active!

Susan said...

I am so glad you got a little warmer weather--I'm hoping for a little February miracle here--to stop snowing every other day!!! We are so excited to see you guys and our "little buddies"--March can't come soon enough.

Natali Jolley said...

You guys look like you had fun. I am not sure what we are reading next month! But, I will tell you for sure what we are reading.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being able to go outside and play that is fabulous! It's funny the little things that Moms are greatful for. The boys look like there having fun and there too cute!