Monday, November 05, 2007

Trick or Trunk or Treating

I know you haven't quite see enough Halloween pictures from us yet, so here are some more! These were take on the actual holiday (and beggars night, which is also a holiday in Iowa). We took the boys trick or treating around the neighborhood and the following night went to the ward trunk or treat. Our kids could now eat a diet of straight candy and still have enough to survive for at least a year.



Our cute little Spider Men



I know you can't see it, but there is the cutest little face you will ever see under this Spiderman mask.



In an effort to redeem myself from buying cheap Walmart costumes this year, I made cute trick or treat bags for the boys. My friend Megan embroidered their names on them and I think they turned our darling. The boys were a little mad that I wouldn't let them take the plastic spiderman bags that Grandma Stewart sent so I told them they weren't sturdy enough to hold all their candy- turns out I was right.



Oakley, Ammon and Ashlyn getting all ready to trick or treat.




The kids looked so cute standing on the porches, waiting for candy that I decided to get a picture. Every time I tried to take a picture, someone would answer the door. Colby finally made me stop, I guess he thought people would think I was strange if I took their picture as soon as they answered the door. This is the best action shot I could get.



By the end of the night the boys were too tired to walk. Once again, my sweet husband told me that next year we are only celebrating Halloween on Halloween night. We'll see.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Your Halloween looks so fun--and the boys costumes are so cute!! I also think you should celebrate as long and as much as you can--the month of October comes only once a year!! Can't wait to see you all...

sarita said...

I love the last picture of you guys carrying the boys on your shoulders!

Unknown said...

Those bags are adorable! When I grow up I want to sew. And run. Just like you.

karin said...

I bet you are EXHAUSTED! We only went to 2 ward parties and Disneyland and I was exhausted. I LOVE the family photo!

Frost Family said...

I totally agree with Colby, I guess we just didn't grow up with Halloween being a big deal. Just another excuse to get some more candy really. In fact by the time we were about 10-12 we just used the same costume (a mask and black sweats) year after year. I did like the spiderman and venom costumes they were way cool.

Aleese and Scott said...

I love the pictures and the kids look so cute!! Sounds like you had a pretty busy month, but a fun one. I am glad you had a good Halloween.

The Obergs said...

Shauni, you are the sewing master. I'm going to keep those cute bags in mind for when I have kids (and then you'll have to teach me how to make them too.)

I don't necessarily agree with Dan. I always thought Halloween was a big deal and I never wore sweats and a mask. So keep on with your monthly festivities, I'm sure Colby secretly loves it.

Heather said...

Shauni, It was so good to hear from you! Carter is darling!!! He is all grown up now!! I miss walking with you. When I saw that you ran that marathon it made me miss the good old times walking with our screaming kids through our layton neighborhood! (way to go)
I'm glad that we can keep in touch this way now!
love and miss ya
~heather
p.s all your pics are so CUTE!!!!!