Once a month we do a "babysitting exchange" with some friends. We take turns watching all the kids and the rest of the couples have a date night. Last night the couple that was hosting did a cooking theme. The kids made their own pizzas and watched Ratatouille. I took the boys to Walmart and let them pick our material and I made them aprons to wear to the party.
Ammon chose Transformer fabric and Carter picked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
The boys had a great time at the cooking party.
After trying to go to two different Mexican restaurants (one that had gone out of business and one that we thought we may have caught Hepatitis from by just looking in the front window) we ended up at Carlos O Kelley's (which is also Mexican, not Irish). We had a great time with our friends. It's always nice to have a kid-free date night.
12 comments:
We had a great time going out. You guys did good planning it. By the way I like the blog change. It's fresh and fun.
I LOVE the idea of babysitting exchange. We kind of did that in Texas but it was usually just for a date with your spouse not a group. What a fun group you have!
I love the new look and the songs. I might just keep your blog open to listen to the songs while I work around the house (or surf the Internet).
Looks like you had a great time! Nate and I got to spend the evening with each other friday night which was so fun!! I need to figure out the babysitting exchange in my ward?!??! :) Great idea.
Have a great week!
That is a great idea for date nights, and it looks like you guys have a ton of friends in your group. I love the aprons, you're always so crafty.
Corned beef and tacos...sounds great! I really thought the video of Carter was funny. The part when he stops in the middle of the song, asks what the words were and then picks up where he left off was funny.
Shauni thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I actually have looked at your blog several times! I am so proud of you for running a marathon! I can't believe how old your boys are. They are so cute! Those good ole Friday night soccer games were the best. Carl since has done a couple leagues, but not the same. How do you guys like it out there? Keep in touch! Melanie
Nice aprons, does Megan get one for Christmas? You could do a Spiderman one since she still loves him after our trip out there. She likes me to hold her up to the ceiling and she pretends to crawl around.
Spider-Megan, Spider-Megan, doing the things that a Spider-Megan does (call me the best wife in the world, but somehow Colby talked me into going to see the Simpson movie, in the theatre). Any way you could talk Megan into liking Transformers or TMNT? I still have extra fabric and would love to make her an apron!
Hey Shauni It's your long lost brother! This might be the only post from me and not Aleese, so let me tell you this once that your boys are freakin cute. I don't know about wearing aprons, but I'm sure Colb will keep them from wearing them TOO often (and you did make them transformers and TMNT so its cool I guess) Anyways, we love you guys and miss you! Keep posting!
What great ideas! First the babysitting exchange, then the cooking theme - so cute!
We just got ourselves into something like that I think - everybody chips in on a few babysitters and the adults go to someone else's house for a game night, or all out to the movies, or something like that. And I volunteered to host: 1. because we have a house, and most of our ward is in apartments and 2. I've never left my baby with a teenager, and I'm not quite ready for that. Even though he really isn't that fragile.
Cute aprons! Do you have a pattern, I bet you just made it up? I want to make Natali a Christmas one! We had a great time at dinner, thanks for coordinating it all!
How fun!
Those aprons are adorable!
Post a Comment