Today I got a roll of film developed that I have had since before we moved to Iowa. I couldn't believe how much the boys have grown up in the last year and a half! It has been a while since I have bragged about my boys so I thought I would post a few stories about the funny little things they say and do...
One day while looking at our fish tank..Carter: Your fish named Sylvester Grill died and we flushed it down the twoilet all the way to the beach. But my fish did not die.
Mom: Nope, your fish is alive and well
Carter: MOM, he is not a whale, he is a fish
One night Colby and I were talking, Carter was sitting with Colby
Shauni: Can you believe how big our little baby boy is getting?
Carter: I'm NOT a baby!
Colby: (lovingly) Yes you are, you are my baby boy
Carter: (like he is picking a fight) well, you're a big baby who wears diapers
Some Fun Facts about Carter:
Carter will only color with blue crayons- because blue is his favorite color
Carter knows the names of all of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and their corresponding colors
Madison, from preschool, thinks that Carter is her boyfriend. Carter confirmed this when I asked him about Madison he said, "uh huh, she's my grilfriend"
Fun Facts about Ammon:
Recently, Ammon has started pronouncing his "r's"- for some strange reason this makes me very sad because he sounds so grown up.
Ammon takes after Colby in that he is a planner. He already knows what he wants to be for Halloween for the next four years, what he wants to do for his birthday party when he turns seven and who he is going to marry.
Ammon is a pack rat. He brings home TONS of art projects and drawings from preschool and wants to display them all on the fridge. If I throw away any of these precious works of art, Ammon will take them out of the garbage can and hide them behind his pillow on his bed.
I love both of my little boys, and even though sometimes I feel sad that they are getting so big, I am glad that they are healthy and strong and I hope that they never stop growing and learning.

10 comments:
This is so sweet, Shauni!
I LOVE to hear people "brag" about their kids. I LOVE that Ammon is a pack rat. Carter is so cute and I am sure it is hard to realize he is growing up. I am realizing everyday how much my kids are not babies anymore and it is sad but exciting because of all the new things they are learning.
It makes me sad that they grow up so fast, too. It didn't seem to zoom by when I was little (time dragged). Why does it go by so fast now?
I was laughing like CRAZY when Carter called Colby a big diaper-wearin' baby!
Your boys are pretty much the cutest kids ever. I watch Carter's Halloween song almost everyday because I love it so much, I even made the girls at work watch it. They are both so funny.
Your boys are so cute. I can't wait to see them at Christmas, I hope our time schedules match ( We still don't have a time schedule). Everyday Megan states she wants to go to Grandma's house. We told her when it is Christmas we will go, so everyday she tells me it is Christmas.
We were also sad to hear about Ammons r's that was our favorite to hear him talk with his little accent. Carter is also so big and so stinking cute we laughed forever about his cute little comments. Keep bragging about them because we love to hear about it.
Shauni your boys are too cute, they make us laugh just there expressions on their faces are so funny! We miss them.
Carter grew up so fast! I remember the fun times walking around our Layton neighborhood listening too our kids cry, fight, and whine b/c they wanted to go home!! I miss you and miss my walking partner!
Ammon looks more grown up and mature!! thats good and bad right?!?!??! :)
I can relate about the "R" thing. Molly had a hard time with them too, she actually went to a speech teacher at her school to help her with them. All of us older siblings were so upset!
Post a Comment