Monday, November 26, 2007

Giving Thanks


This year I hosted Thanksgiving dinner for the first time.  My family drove out all the way from Utah and stayed for the weekend.  I started making pies, jello and stuffed mushrooms on Wednesday and finished on Thursday morning.  I had a great time cooking and Ammon and Carter were great helpers, they especially enjoyed making the pie crust.  If anyone feels compelled to come to Middle America for Thanksgiving in the next two years, I would love to host again!


The great Thanksgiving tablecloth that I bought ended up being too small for our table (bummer).  We ended up using placemats. 


My dad and the Thanksgiving buffet.  Virgin river has nothing on me.


The "grown-up" table.  Mom, Dad, Colby, Leslee and Daniel.


After dinner we played Thanksgiving bingo.  The highlight of the day for me was when little Carter was laying on his tummy playing bingo and a space that he needed was called.  He put his  blue M & M on the space and said,  "Yes! That's what I'm talkin about."

We were so grateful that Grandma and Grandpa Stewart could come and visit.  The boys already miss them and can't wait to see them again at Christmas.


Grandma and the boys checked out the black Friday ads on the internet.  We had a newspaper that came up with missing ads.  A few days later we found them all stashed in Ammon's drawer.

Grandpa, Grandma and the cousins.  We are so grateful for our family!  I am constantly amazed at how many blessings I have and am continually receiving. I am grateful for my cute boys and wonderful husband, for our home and for the opportunity that Colby has to get an education. We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I didn't think I would be missing out that bad! Looks like you guys had a great time and I hope next year Aleese and I will be able to join the fun. Maybe we can talk mom and dad into making a trip either here or there again.....yeah, probably not. But you never know! Love you guys, Scotty

Lisa said...

Shauni you look so organized! I can't believe you did it all by yourself. What a woman! I could possibly make it to the midwest for Thanksgiving next year. Are we invited?

Heather said...

Shauni, I would love to come out for thanksgiving! It looked liked you had tons of fun with your family! Maybe someday when our husbands actually start making money we can do things like that!!
Someday right?!?!?!?

The Obergs said...

Congratulations on doing a Thanksgiving all by yourself. I will let you be the one to take over the Frost family Thanksgiving duties when my mom decides to pass on the torch. It looks like you've already got a good start on a lot of our traditions. I love your cornucopia roll basket. I still can't get over how much I enjoyed your breadstick cornucopia relish tray you made a few years ago, I LOVED it! I'm glad your family got to come enjoy the holiday with you. It looks like it was a great time.

Unknown said...

Great post! Happy thanksgiving! Fun to see the family pictures, and congratulations on what sounds like an amazing feast.

sjmiller said...

Shauni, it looks like you had an amazing Thanksgiving!

I would SO come out there, if I could brave the weather.

Your family looks wonderful!

Mike and Kim said...

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. I am glad that your family could come out. Your feast looked wonderful.

karin said...

How great that your family was able to drive that far-what troopers! But everything looks good and fun (the Bingo is such a cute idea). I have never even thought of hosting Thanksgiving- we definitely don't have the room now but if Bryan keeps cooking the Turkey at my parents' house, we will be required to be there every Thanksgiving.