My sweet baby boy is two months old. I can honestly say that I have loved every minute of the last two months with him. I frequently think, "wow, what an amazing baby," and he is. He sleeps through the night, naps when I want/need him to nap, smiles and coos, is rarely fussy and likes to snuggle with me. Amazing. On Owen's two month "birthday" I did a mini photo shoot with him.
I am not a professional photographer, nor do I have any desire to be. I do have a fancy pants camera that takes pretty decent pictures on "auto" and I have no desire to pay someone else a small fortune to take pictures for me. So I give it my best shot, take about 200 pictures to have 3 of them turn out and vow that someday I will take a photography class. Someday when I'm not driving kids to soccer practices, soccer games, tumbling classes, dance classes, & cub scouts, teaching preschool, doing 12 loads of laundry a week and trying to fit in feedings every 2-3 hours for my hungry little growing baby. It's definitley not the time or the season for photography classes, and I'm okay with that.
Here are the three that turned out:
![]() |
| I love this little chalkboard I picked up at Michaels for a couple of bucks. |
![]() |
| Looks so much like his big brothers. |
| Owen is starting to hold his head up really well. |
Just for fun, here are some of the out takes. I had a great three year old helper :)
| Abbi helping Owen hold up his head. |
| Abbi giving Owen kisses. |
| This kid wants to suck on everything in sight. |
![]() |
| See what I mean? |
| And Abbi rushes in to help.... again. |
![]() |
| He looks a little bit like an alien in this one. |
At two months Owen:
Weighs 13 lbs. 6 oz.
Wears size 1 diapers
Wears size 0 to 3 month clothes
sleeps 7-8 hours at night without waking
Still won't take a binkie
Smiles and Coos when we talk to him.
Likes the bath.
Does not like to be cold.




4 comments:
I LOVE this so much, especially the out takes. I want to take a photography class too, but you know, when I am not doing all that other stuff :)
I still need to snuggle that happy, adorable baby!
Great pictures!! Crazy how when u r pregnant tine seems to stop yet when you have the baby it flies by before u know it! Sounds like he is an awesome baby!! Super cute and photogenic too!
what a sweet little boy! That first pic is my favorite, but I'm still laughing at the one where he's sucking on the chalkboard.
He is SO stinkin' cute! And your pictures look great too! :) Good job Shauni!
Post a Comment