In August, we were able to take a very quick, very impromptu trip down to the Horseshoe Bay Resort on Lake Lindon B. Johnson. Colby had some last minute surgery cancellations, and we had a Marriott Rewards certificate that was about to expire. We made a couple of phone calls and half an hour later we had packed up all the kids, including our six week old baby, and all their stuff (who says our days of being carefree and spontaneous are over?) After a quick stop at Pizza Hut and the gas station, we were on our way. We were only gone about 24 hours, but that was long enough for all of us to recharge and it was the perfect way to end the Summer.
We spent time exploring the beautiful resort grounds,
 |
| I love these sweet kids! |
 |
| Carter Ben exploring the trails. |
 |
| Colby and the kids by the Lilly pads. |
 |
| This waterfall was one of our favorite parts of the resort grounds. |
We took advantage of all of the hotels amenities, including smores making and a "dive-in movie" by the pool.
We swam in two of the three swimming pools,
and the "largest hot tub in Texas."
For the kids, the highlight of the trip was playing on the sandy beach by the lake.
 |
| Building Sandcastles |
 |
| Digging trenches |
Somehow we all made it home the next day with smiles on our faces.
As with every trip, the kids LOVED the hotel. I think we could go to a hotel that was down the street from our house and they would think it was fabulous. Here are some pictures of our kiddos bright and early, and excited to be waking up in a hotel. (I might have forgotten to pack a comb for Abbi's hair)
 |
| Loving this little brother. |
 |
| Owen is not so sure about this... |
 |
| All ready to swim! |
3 comments:
Shauni, you look fantastic!
That place looks awesome!! Can I come next time?? I agree, you do look great!! I love how much your kids love hotels...mine too!!
So glad you got to go and do that! What a fun trip to just get out of town for the night! :)
Post a Comment