Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School

We succesfully started a new year of school. This year, with a third grader and a first grader! The boys were very excited about the first day of school, except for the fact that they had to wake up at 6:30 a.m.... they were still a little groggy during breakfast.


My big first grader was actually embarassed of me when I walked him to his classroom. Isn't he too young to be embarrased of me? He still managed to have a great day.

Ammon also tried to tell me that he is "too old" for his mom to walk him to class. Despite all the protests, I walked both my boys to class, took pictures of them in the hallway and gave them GIANT hugs before leaving the school.... I know, I'm embarrassing.


Love those smiles. I was so ready and so excited for school to start until yesterday morning. Seeing these two smiling on my front porch made me want to keep them home with me.


Little sis is already telling me, "when I'm THREE I can go to school like the boys," because the boys both went to preschool when they were three. I haven't had the heart to tell her that she still has THREE years before she can start Kindergarten, which means we won't be going to preschool until next year... when she's almost four. She was pretty content that she got to be in the picture anyways.


After dropping the boys off, I had a "back to school brunch" at my house. We had a blast celebrating the first day of school with about 20 other moms and their non-school age kids, and lots of yummy food. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures during the party... but here's what it looked like after. I know my empty, dirty kitchen doesn't make it look like it was very fun, but it was. :)

6 comments:

karin said...

I know. I was ready but not really. They do look happy to be back in school. Move up here (you know, when you can) and Abby and Isaac can go to school together :)
You have to be the most fun person. Bryan took the boys to school and I did laundry.

Susan said...

Shauni, the boys look so cute and so grown up!!! I know it is hard to send them off to school, I still remember those feelings....but you've got your sweet Abbi with you which is such a blessing!!! P.S. I wish I was there for your party--what a cute idea--you are always doing such fun things!!! Can't wait to see you all

sarita said...

I LOVE the idea of a back-to-school brunch! I'll have to remember that in a couple of years...

The Obergs said...

back-to-school brunch!?! that sounds awesome! The boys look so handsome. I love Ammon's haircut. I love all of your fun back-to-school things that you do. You have some of the best traditions.

The Teeples Times said...

I love your idea of a back to school brunch - you are so fun!! Your apple cupcakes are too adorable!! Abbi is going to miss them so much, I'm sure. We still have 2 more weeks of summer, then yikes, school for Dallin.

Mike and Kim said...

What cute kids you have in their new school clothes and shoes. I love the first day of school, with the excitement, anticipation, new beginnings, and new routines.
I love that both boys got huge hugs as you were leaving, I am sure they secretly loved them.

That is awesome that you had a Mom back to school party.