Abbi has been asking us for the past couple of months when she can get "earings like mommy." She told me last week, "You're big and I'm big... so I can get big girl earings like you," that seemed logical enough, plus she gave daddy her big puppy dog eyes and it was a done deal.
Yesterday, we took her to the mall and let her pick out her very first earings.
She was really excited about getting earings, until the girls at Claire's started messing with her ears, then she seemed a little unsure.
She was upset for just a couple of minutes after they pierced her ears...
but it was nothing that a sucker, a sticker and hugs from all "her boys" couldn't solve.
Abbi was so excited to go to church today and show her new earings to her nursery friends. When we picked her up Colby asked her, "what did your friends say about your earings?" she said, "they didn't say nothing." We all got a good laugh out of that one. Oh how we love this little girl, and her new pink flower earings.
2 comments:
She is so dang cute!! I love the pictures and what a brave girl!! Tell her we LOVE her new earings!
Shauni, this is just too cute for words. I LOVE that all the boys were there to witness the event and were her moral support. Coming from a similar scenario with lots of older brothers, I always felt really special when they were there for me.
She looks like a doll. The second Hazel asks me for earrings, I'm totally taking her. Taylor wants to make sure it's her decision which is why he wants me to wait until she's like 20... But, I think 2 is definitely old enough to decide if you want to wear pink, flower earrings.
P.S. I've been meaning to call you. We got your package!!!! THANK YOU. Shauni, you are sweet. I can't tell you how excited I am for these little jeans. The second I pulled them out of the box, I started imagining skinny jeans, boots and sweaters. It's about the only thing that makes me feel ok that fall is right around the corner.
Post a Comment