Thursday, June 30, 2011

We survived

Today marks the end of Colby's first year of residency. To be honest, there were times that I wondered if we were going to make it to this day in one piece. Lots of times I felt like this:



Many times I thought, "I can't do this, it's too hard." But somehow we survived the past year.
With lots of good friends,

a lot of hard work,
lots of prayers,
lots of faith,
a little bit of laughter,


and very little sleep.


I am so proud of Colby for everything he has accomplished this past year. I am married to an amazing person/doctor/comedian/power-point making, toe-nail clipping, surgerizing rockstar. Really, he is amazing.
Now only if we can survive the next two years.....

2 comments:

The Obergs said...

Great job to the both of you. You've both done great at your jobs and have worked hard. I love that picture of Colby and Abbi sleeping.

P.S. Got your 4th of July text. Cutest picture ever.

Mike and Kim said...

You made it! Congratulations are most definitely in order for the whole family. I am sure it is going to be easy peasy from now on.

I know you are excited for July 1st, but being a nurse I kind of dread the month of July with all the green 1st year residents.