Saturday, May 07, 2011

True Confessions

A couple of months ago, I read on my cousin Elizabeth's blog about her "true confessions." Since then, I've been thinking about some of my own. Here they are;

#1 I love to vacuum. It's almost relaxing for me and the house always looks so much cleaner after it's been vacuumed (you can really fool people into thinking your house is clean, when really the only thing that is clean is the floor). Here's the "true confession" part; I really love to vacuum when my kids are on my nerves. When they just won't stop talking, fighting or asking questions -I turn this bad boy on and they stop (or I just can't hear them). It's fabulous.



#2 Frequently, when I know Colby isn't going to make it home for dinner, I make pancakes. A couple of months ago when Colby was doing a particularly busy rotation, Ammon asked me if I was putting them on a "pancake diet." Ooops.


#3 I own (and use) onion goggles. They are just as awesome as they look. Just for the record, I had them before Phil Dumphey.


What are your true confessions?

7 comments:

The Obergs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Obergs said...

hahaha, those onion goggles are awesome, and seriously that episode of Modern Family was incredible. Phil is hilarious. As a sidenote- did you know that one of my closest friends has a cousin who is married to Phil? She actually has met him multiple times at family functions.

Anyway, I love your 'true confessions'. A true confession of mine: per Taylor's request, we had pancakes last night and are having french toast tonight, hahahah. i should send him to live at your house and you can send Ammon up here.

JenSwen said...

"Pancake diet" - I love it! So funny!

Seriously, where did you get your onion goggles? I have tried using sunglasses but they don't help enough. :) When I saw that episode of Modern Family I knew I had to have a pair!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

LOVE the goggles. Those should be your "favorite" thing. Although I know I don't vacuum as much as you do (seriously I have NEVER seen your carpet with out vacuum lines) when my kids won't leave me along I turn it on. They scatter to another room and I am left alone. I also have already made pancakes I think twice this week. Oops!

Mike and Kim said...

Did Colby get suckered into another infomercial?

Colby said...

Shauni did that all on her own.

Janene said...

Love the goggles Shauni! At first I was thinking they were some cucumber night treatment thingy, until I re-read "onion". That's hilarious. :)

I have to agree with the pancake dinners though...theres' something nice and easy about that when the hubby is away!