Another GREAT thing about being eight, is starting cub scouts. Ammon was lucky enough to start cub scouts right before the pinewood derby. I am going to say that is the reason why Colby and Ammon started working on his derby car on Friday night (the derby was on Saturday!) Ammon drew a design of what he wanted his car to look like, helped paint it and put on the decals. Colby was such a trooper~ even though he was already putting in late nights and early mornings at work, he made time early, early Friday to cut out the car and woke up early on Saturday to finish it. It turned out great! It was just the way Ammon wanted it to look- but was it fast?
and a state of the art, electric track for nearly thirty cars to race on.
(this thing was sweet, it actually could tell what car won by a hundreth of a second)
Ammon's car is the green blur finishing in second place.
and Ammon's car ended up in the top four!
(it was number four to be exact- but he was thrilled to make it into the grand finals)
When all was said and done, Ammon ended up in third place, with a great trophy and a big smile on his face.
Colby has already warned Ammon that he probably won't do as well next year. I guess he's a little unsure of his ability to duplicate a winning car. Way to go boys!
4 comments:
hahah, "and a big smile on his face"... Don't you love those kinds of "smiles". Hazel is starting to pull those too.
I'm real impressed with Colby's building abilities. I was pretty sure that none of the Frost boys got the mechanical gene, but look at that, he totally proved me wrong.
Great job boys, and sweet name Ammon... Drago, that's awesome!
Oh I am so excited for the great green car and its winning time!!! Isn't this the great time of life--I loved the cub scout years and the pinewood derby!! Ammon looks so official in his scout shirt and scarf. I wish we could have been there--congratulations!!
So cool! Congrats, boys! Andrew's Pinewood Derby is this week and he is so excited to race his Back to the Future Delorean!
That place was SO decked out and looks amazing! I am so impressed! :)
Post a Comment