Thursday, April 07, 2011

Oh Utah!

In March we were able to go to Utah and spend two FABULOUS weeks with family and friends. Some of the highlights included:

SNOW!! The day we arrived there was still some snow on the ground (by day two it had melted and let me tell you how bugged I am that it didn't snow again until we were on our way to the airport. I hear it is Winter again in Utah now that we are back in Texas- isn't that just the way it goes?) The kids had a blast playing with grandma and grandpa Stewart in the snow.


Throwing snowballs,


and building a snow fort.


As luck would have it, my brother Scott and his family were in Utah for a couple days while we were there. We got to spend some time babysitting their adorable kids and went bowling with the Stewart family.

Aleese and Lily


Scott and Liam.


Abbi, Grandpa Stewart and Kalii.


Mom and Abbi bowling.


Grandma Stewart and Abbi.


We had lots of lunch dates and dinner dates with cousins, aunts, uncles and friends.
(many of which I failed to get pictures of).

Girls (and kid's) Day Out with my mom and sisters.


Icecream with cousins.


We went to the Living Planet Aquarium with Leslee and Kalii- and the kids LOVED it.


Especially this giant frog that reminded them of our dear Sea Monster.


We celebrated LOTS of birthdays. Ammon and Carter share their birthday month with Grandpa Frost and Grandpa Stewart, Uncle Taylor, Uncle Daniel, Hazel, Megan, and Isaac.

I guess when you're eight you get to light your own candles??


We had a big birthday celebration for all the Frost March birthdays.


And celebrated with Grandpa Stewart down on Great Grandpa's farm.


Colby and I went on a hot date to the Champions League game, where Real won 2 to 0!



Ammon built a trap for a leprechaun on St.Patricks day.


And last, but not least, Colby and I hit the slopes and had a great day of skiing.


It had all the makings of a great ski day; new snow, not too cold, not too busy, good company, good times and a bright yellow turtle fur.



Thanks everyone for the hospitatlity and good times. It was a great trip.

3 comments:

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Looks like such a great trip! Seems like you packed a lot into your quick 2 weeks. Glad you went, but even happier to have you back.

The Teeples Times said...

So much fun!! WE really need to coordinate our trips to be the same time once in a while! I miss you!! How fun Scotty was there too; looks like you spent lots of time with family. I am sure they loved seeing your kids. So fun for Ammon to start scouts, I look forward to that for Dallin. Too bad about the snow.... most of us would have been glad to miss it, but not if you're a Texan, right??

Janene said...

What a fun trip!