Saturday, January 08, 2011

New Year, New ???

We had a fantastic year in 2010, it was filled with lots of excitement and lots of change. I loved the idea of doing a photo recap and I didn't realize how busy we had been until I started trying to pick ONE picture per month.... and some months I just couldn't narrow it down. But here you have it, our year in pictures.

January
Ice Storms


February
Reunited after 5 1/2 months


March

Residency Match

Washington D.C.


April
Bought a house in Texas


May
Chicago Trip


Colby's graduation


June
Moved to Temple, Texas


Cancun


Ragnar Relay


July

Visited family in Utah




August

Back to School


September

Finished first painting project


visited family in San Antonio


October

Grandma & Grandpa Stewart came for a visit


Grandma & Grandpa Frost came for a visit


I had my appendix removed


November

We said, "goodbye" to diapers!


Hosted our first Texas Thanksgiving


December

Colby took primary/holiday call for the first time


Honestly, now that it is 2011 and I realized that I don't have ANYTHING planned this year (really, not a single vacation, move, graduation, long distance race- nothing!) I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with myself for the next 12 months. I'm excited to see what adventures this new year brings for us, but in the meantime I am going to just enjoy day to day life and be glad that I'm not constantly packing, unpacking, training, stressing, etc.

6 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

What a wild year! I don't know how you could top it. Maybe you should plan a trip to Washington D.C. with the whole family, and we will show you around, and I will let you potty train Henry too.

P.S. I am glad Colby has that shirt, because I don't know if I could trust that face.

archiecrew said...

I love the idea of one picture per month! Maybe I'll see ya again next June if you do the Ragnar again!

Aleesha said...

I loved seeing your year in pictures! I've gotta say my favorite picture is your Thanksgiving dinner table. Those place setting/napkins are so dang cute!!!

The Obergs said...

this post is such a great idea, maybe I'll have to copy it.

This was a pretty eventful year for you guys. Just think of all the unexpected things that 2011 will bring... maybe you'll have to get your tonsils out or something.

Colby, that shirt is awesome.

Janene said...

Wow Shauni! What a year! :) So fun to see the recap...great idea. :)

shauni said...

Crystal, I already had my tonsils out and I think I'm all out of unneccesary body parts..... so hopefully we're done with the removing of things!