Friday, October 01, 2010

Fun with Family in San Antonio

Last weekend we took a quick trip down to San Antonio to visit my brother Scott and Aleese, who were there for a month doing a rotation for medical school. The kids were so excited to see their little cousins. It was so fun to spend the weekend with family.


Lilly, Abbi and Carter


One of many attempts at getting a good picture of the kids together. This one cracks me up!


After taking about fifteen pictures, we finally got one that (kind of) turned out.


While we were in San Antonio we had to stop by the River Walk,



and the Alamo.


I discovered that I need to brush up on my history. The only thing I could remember about the Alamo is that we are supposed to remember it.


We ended the weeked with some chocolate fondue. It was just as good as these two make it look.


Thanks Scott and Aleese for the fun weekend. We are keeping our fingers crossed that there is a residency in San Antonio somewhere in your future!

5 comments:

Heather said...

love your baby's blonde hair. she is soooo cute. love the river walk & the alamo..........not so much the heat though!!! :)
thinking of you my friend today.. enjoy conference weekend! :)
xoxo.

The Teeples Times said...

I love San Antonio, I am glad you made it down there, especially to see Scotty. Didn't you just love the river walk? Did you take a boat? If not, do it next time. Love the pics of your house.. beautiful& spacious!! I bet you are loving it!

Natali Jolley said...

So glad you got to have a fun trip. It looks like you all are adjusting just fine to life in Texas. Your family is getting so grown up and I miss hanging out. I know Bryce misses "the boys." Hope all is well. TAKE CARE!

The Obergs said...

Oh that little Liam is so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it.

What a gaggle of kids you guys have there. I'm sure that kept you hopping, but I'm sure they all loved being together. It's nice that Scotty and Aleese are close even if it's only for a short time.

P.S. Gotta love Colby's hector molester glasses in all these pics. Colb, transition glasses are awesome in theory, but you have to admit, you look like a total perv. hahahah!

Mike and Kim said...

Aside from the "Hector" shots, Colby totally looks like Ben Folds in that last one.

We went to San Antonio many a time, and never really found any food we liked there. I'm sure it can be done. I hope for Colby's sake that the outlets you passed in San Marcos seemed too far away to visit again -- San Antonio trips always led to nightmare outlet shopping for me.