Saturday, October 30, 2010

Too much excitement

We have had lots of excitement at our house lately. Grandma and Grandpa Frost visited, we took a trip to SeaWorld, carved pumpkins, and ended the boys soccer season. ALL of which I have lots of pictures of and was really excited to blog about. Until this happened....




No, we didn't decide to dress up as doctor and patient for Halloween. Monday I spent the day in the Emergency Room with abdominal pain. (I know I look drugged in this picture- that's probably because I was).


I ended up having my appendix removed and spending a night in the hospital. I have spent the rest of this week hobbling around the house feeling pretty useless. I am so grateful to the family, friends and ward members who have been such a wonderful support system. We have had meals brought in, help taking the boys to school, help watching Abbi, flowers and cards and emails sent and phone calls received. It has strengthened my testimony that our Father in Heaven is mindful of us and blesses our lives through those around us.
I still fully intend on posting all of my "exciting pictures," but it might take a little while to get the stamina for that!

6 comments:

Carolee said...

I am so sorry! That really stinks! Jared was telling me yesterday that you had to get your appendix out....

At least, you got to do the fun stuff first before you got laid up in the hospital.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Maryann said...

Oh, Shauni! I am so sorry. Tummy pain is the worst. I'm glad you've had help and that you're doing better.

You'll be back to your amazing normal self before you know it I'm sure.

Skye O. said...

How is it that you can still look so amazing after having an apendectomy? Glad you're feeling better! Hopefully you'll have some time to read a few books, catch up on some movies, & make Christmas lists.

Heather said...

OH NO, i'm soooo sorry. i have not had mine out yet...now i need to knock on wood. i have heard it is pretty painful! i hope you start feeling better soon! wish i could bring in dinner!!
xoxo

happy halloween~

The Obergs said...

I was actually going to say how incredible you look while in the hospital, in a gown, no make-up, post surgery. Seriously, you look really great and you even smiled! What a trooper.

I'm so sorry to hear about this but am glad that it happened at a "good time"... hahah, Shauni you make me laugh.

Hope your recovery is speedy and that you start feeling better soon. I'm sending good vibes your way.

chunkymonkey said...

Already up and moving around? You are amazing! Hope you get well soon!