For weeks I have been saying that I "couldn't wait for school to start" and that I was "ready for more structure and a better routine." Yet here I am, on the last official day of Summer, wishing that I had a couple more weeks to sleep in, and swim, and take daily trips to the park and splash pads and eat dozens of otter pops and just play with my kids. This year I am even more hesitant to say goodbye to Summer than in past years because tomorrow I will be dropping two kids off at school. I'm not sure I will even know what to do with myself. We have had a busy, and fun, Summer and amidst all of the moving, traveling and unpacking we also found time to just enjoy ourselves.
We went to the rock climbing wall (and although Cart doesn't look thrilled to be there, he had a blast)
My boys made climbing look so easy, I was surprised at how much I struggled up the wall.
We baked. (and licked LOTS of beaters).
We did art projects.
And we swam, and swam,
and swam.
On Friday, we had a party to celebrate the end of Summer. We invited some of the boy's friends over for popcorn, cookies, watermelon, snow cones and water games.
And I thoroughly enjoyed having our first outdoor party in our new backyard,
and, as you can see, our lawn needed all that water from the sprinklers, slip and slide, and water balloons.
I am sure that in a couple of weeks, when my house is easier to keep clean, and I have two less little people to drag to the grocery store, and I can enjoy a quiet naptime, I will be happy that school is back in session. But tonight, I am already missing Summer.
3 comments:
What a great end of summer bash. It looks like you defiantly made the best of summer. We still have two weeks until school starts. I might have to use some of your great ideas to make it through, because I can't wait for "structure and routine".
What a great back yard! I would kill for all that space without having to share or worry about the neighbors watching me.
How does Abbi like her chest flotation device?? Remember how much Hazel hats her life vest? It still looks kind of huge, but at least they can still move their heads around.
I love the idea of the end of Summer party.....I should do that this Friday since we start school in 1 week. But, let's be honest, it probably won't happen. I am kinda summered out. Not that going back to school will change the 100 degree heat.....
Hope you enjoy your mom and Abbi time.
Post a Comment