This year, for the first time, we stayed home for Christmas. Although we missed seeing our families, it was amazing how nice it was for ALL of us to just be home together. We had so much fun doing simple, day to day things like having dinner together, reading stories, putting kids to bed, playing X-box, watching TV, and renting movies. After spending months apart, it was so nice to finally have our WHOLE family together. We enjoyed every minute of our TEN DAYS of Christmas vacation and made the most of our time together.
The kids were so excited to open their one present on Christmas Eve, and loved their new, comfy jammies.
On Christmas Eve, our friends the Taylor's invited us over for a wonderful dinner. The kids had a great time playing shepards in the nativity.
Abbi's costume lasted about 30 seconds, just long enough to snap this picture...
and make her hair look crazy.
We were all smiles on Christmas morning. Santa, Grandma Stewart and Grandma Frost all sent us LOTS of presents to open.
We spent a lot of time just hanging out at home. It's a good thing the boys had lots of "buddies" to join them.
We checked out the new Incredible Pizza company, and ALL of my boys had a blast.
The glow in the dark mini-golf course was especially fun.
Abbi even got her own golf club!
I guess all good things must come to an end. Tonight we had to take Colby back to the airport, again. There wasn't a dry eye in the car when we dropped him off. The good news is this is the LAST month that he will be gone. We are all looking forward to February!
4 comments:
i missed seeing you in utah this year.. it is sort.of nice though doing your "own" family tradtions. thanks for your darling chritmas card.. i'm a slacker & didn't get mine out. ;(
i'm sorry about colby leaving again. it must be really hard. lets chat soon. hope all is well!
xo.
I am jealous of your TEN days at home with your husband and kids. I have just gotten home after more than 2 weeks of being gone and Christmas needs to be put away along with being on our regular schedule. I hope I have a more relaxing Christmas next year.
I got teary-eyed while reading about the car ride home. You are amazing.
I spy with my little eye a sassy little bow. Shauni, you finished Abbi's zebra bow and it is adorable. The diamond is perfect and adds just the right amount of sass. And look, it's not even too big because now you've got a little girl with hair, and you can put the bows anywhere on her head. I really can't believe how grown-up she is, especially in the picture right after she pulled of her 'costume'.
Your Christmas looked great and cozy and peaceful. I'm just so glad that Colby was able go home and spend it with you. Can you believe it, he has less than a month left! You're almost done!
P.S. you didn't take a picture of your Christmas Bread, but I'm assuming it turned out perfect.
Shauni, so glad you guys had a great Christmas. Stephen would love to come over to play! He really misses your boys and talks about them a lot. When would be a good day/time for you?
Post a Comment