For the last two days we have been enjoying "snow days" at our house. No school, nowhere to be, nothing to do. We have spent lots of time playing outside in the snow...
and lots of time snuggled up inside watching movies,
Now I'm going to whine a little big: The novelty of the "snow day" started to get old this afternoon when I finally broke down and decided to dig our van out of the snow,
then realized that my shovel was stuck in my broken garage so I had to borrow my neighbors. Then the boys got restless and wild and fought all evening, and Abbi isn't feeling well and the doctor's office was closed. And I nearly got frostbite from spending an hour out in the 10 degree weather with 30 MPH winds
Even though school has been cancelled again tommorow, I'm afraid we may have to venture out... Little Abbi has a fever and I suspect an ear infection.... and we're out of ice melt... and dangerously low on baby wipes... and I may go crazy trying to entertain these boys another day without getting out of the house. Let's just hope we don't get more snow tonight or I may be digging (with my neighbors shovel) again tommorow...... did I mention that Colby is in Texas?
4 comments:
ooooh i heart you. so sorry....
i hope you get a little break! :)
oh geez, that looks miserable. I mean, who doesn't love a little snow during the holidays. However, I will be the first to say that your "little" bit of snow looks daunting. Those snow drifts are humongous! Your post makes me so grateful that my husband is here to scrape off my car and shovel my walk and carry my ONE child around so that I don't trip and fall.
Shauni, you're one tough nut. Hang in there, I'm sure the next 2 months will go by so fast (if it stops snowing).
P.S. Hope baby Abbi starts feeling better soon.
Just think of the pioneers. HA
It looks like you are making the most of a snowy situation. Your snowflakes are awesome. We (I mean I) made snowflakes and I couldn't make them as elaborate as yours. Well done.
I am sorry. My 19mo has an ear infection and I didn't go on Monday because it was raining, I doubt I would go anywhere if I had to shovel snow to get there.
I hope the snow season goes fast for you.
Post a Comment