Saturday, December 05, 2009

The REALLY good news

Today we got our student loan disbursement, which is always a good news/bad news kind of thing. The good news is we get a big lump sum of money, the bad news is we have to pay it all back with interest. Along with the good news and bad news, today's disbursement came with the REALLY good news. This was the LAST disbursement we will EVER get. That's right folks, graduation is just five short months away. And that is the REALLY good news.

8 comments:

karin said...

Congratulations! I know what the feels like. For me it was bittersweet, just because I hate change. The next 5 months will fly by.

Heather said...

CONGRATS!!!! yeah... don't remind me of the payback thing... intrest is a killer. maybe when i'm 45 or so i will finally be out of debt.. maybe!!! :)
so happy for you guys. Nate graduates in june too, but a 3 year fellowship awaits us!! :)

Kelly said...

Yeah! I can't believe that it is only five years away. And I can't believe that will be us this time next year. This whole experience has gone by much faster than I thought it would.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I KNOW! It's so crazy. That thought dawned on me to the other day, "this is our last disbursement!". But then the panic set it, "this is our LAST disbursement!!" I just thinking of all moving and 4th year boards and all that kind of stuff and I can feel my heart race. There will be no more lump sums coming. It is such a good thing (I am so ready to start getting pay checks and stuff), but it is a little scary at the same time.

The Obergs said...

Wow, that IS really good news. I can't believe how fast the time has gone (for me). Oh Colb, you're on your way!

It's nice to count things down in this manner. Last night we went to our (crappy) ward Christmas party and I said to Taylor "this is the LAST ward Christmas party we will be going to here". Yay!

Tristina said...

The end is in sight!! YAY!

The Teeples Times said...

There IS light at the end of the tunnel! That is fabulous news! I really, really enjoyed talking to you the other day too. Let's definitley make it more often! BTW, you are an AWESOME mom and I am sending you a hug via this e-mail! lOve ya!!

The Goffs said...

Your blog is always so fun to read...I'm glad you're almost there, that was a really good day in my life too. I miss Omaha though, looking back that was a great time in our lives, so just enjoy your last 5 months!