Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a great weekend filled with all the usual Easter fun.  Although Colby thinks it's nerdy, I still insist on dressing the kids up in matching clothes for Easter and Christmas.  It was worth the fight, because they looked as cute as can be. 



We had a visit from the Easter bunny (who, for some reason Ammon believes in even though he knew right off the bat that the tooth fairy was bogus).



True to her Frost genes, the first thing Abbi tried to do when we showed her her Easter basket was eat the peeps.


Then, (with Mom's help) she modeled her sunhat for us.


Sunday evening we got together with some friends for dinner, banana splits and an Easter egg hunt.


The kids loved all the SUGAR!!


I was so excited for Abbi's first Easter (and first little Easter dress).  She looked so cute I couldn't stop taking pictures of her.  (The boys also looked cute, but they weren't in little dresses).   I won't bore you with ALL the pictures I took of her first Easter, but here are some of my favorites.


Abbi loves to be on her tummy so she can see what's going on.


I know she really doesn't need shoes yet (and normally she is barefoot or just in socks), but I couldn't resist these cute little Spring shoes. 


Isn't this about the sweetest thing ever?  Abbi loves her daddy,  she rolled halfway across the room so she could lay by him.

The "I dream of genie" hair-do. I always wondered why so many moms did this style, but now I know-  the top of Abbi's head is where the longest and the most hair is.  A lot of the rest of her hair has been rubbed off!  We hope all of you had a great Easter too!

10 comments:

karin said...

Looks like a fun time and I like to have the kids coordinating (especially for the holidays and when we go to Disneyland- then if I lose a kid, I don't have to think about what they wearing).
I especially like how happy Ammon is in the group photo, classic.

Aleese and Scott said...

I LOVE the matching outfits, I will for sure do the same thing. Abbi looks adorable in her dress and she looks so blonde! Glad you guys had a great holiday!

Frost Family said...

Shauni thanks for the adorable pictures of the kiddos they are too cute! Abbi is getting so big and she is so chubby I love those chubby legs!!

archiecrew said...

Sienna had the same easter basket as Abbi! That dress is so adorable! The shoes look perfect!

The Obergs said...

It doesn't matter that babies don't need shoes, they make up for necessity in the cuteness department. I LOVE Abbi's easter outfit. I don't think she could get any cuter! She is so happy and has such beautiful eyelashes.

The boys also look very handsome in the Easter clothes. Don't ever let Colby talk you out of the matching outfits. They are great!

Summer said...

I'm totally with you - you MUST dress the kids all matchy-matchy for Christmas and Easter!!! Ü Dressing up boys is fun, but dressing up a girl is WAY MORE fun! Love the little spring shoes on Abbi! (little squeal) So cute!

I had to laugh about your comment on my blog. Yeah, someday! Ü Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about Easter dresses! Our friends had a sister in town and she has a little girl and I just couldn't help myself - I got her an Easter dress. I love my boys, but oh, the girl clothes make me giddy.

~Mandy~ said...

I absolutely heart the matching outfits! They look adorable! What a fun family.

Mike and Kim said...

This is the first time that I've been really sure, but in that last picture Abbi definitely looks like Shauni.

And nothing says "Easter" like a couple of hoodlums in sweater vests. I know Henry had to have one.

Skye O. said...

I can't get over how cute Abbi is. I love her blonde curls...and those eyes are so sweet! Your kids do look cute in their matching outfits, I don't care what Colby says. I think of you and Megan a lot and am inspired by your abilities to be the mother of three...I'm barely surviving. :) gets easier right?