Abbi has recently become a pro at rolling over. She will roll clear across the room sometimes. Since she has been rolling, she has started rolling onto her stomach to sleep at night. At first this concerned me (you know the whole "back to sleep" thing) but now, she has started sleeping better at night (whether it is related to sleeping on her tummy or just a big coincidence is unknown). In fact, last night was the sixth night in a row that she has slept through the night. I feel like a new woman! I'm not kidding, I forgot how nice it is to sleep for 8 hours straight (I don't sleep well when I'm pregnant either, so it's been a while). I feel like I have boundless energy. This morning I was up, had the boys fed and dressed, got Ammon on the bus, put dinner in the crock pot and folded a load of laundry before Abbi woke up at 8:45. So I must say, "back to sleep shmack to sleep." I could definitely get used to this.
This is also a great shot of Abbi's bald spot (it's actually much bigger than a "spot," but what do you do?) There is a possibility that Abbi's wonderful new sleeping habits are due to the fact that she has actually started to swallow some of that rice cereal we've been trying to feed her. I have had LOTS of helpers with the rice cereal. I love that Ammon is getting old enough that I can put him to work!
*just a side note: We do feed Ammon, and he actually eats a lot but that hasn't helped with the malnurished look he has going on here.
9 comments:
We had the same experience with Caelan! As soon as he could roll he would sleep on his tummy. Totally freaked me out! But after accidentally waking him up a few times while trying to change his position I decided that if he can get himself there, I will leave him!
Glad you are finally getting some sleep :-)
Sleep makes almost everything better, glad you are getting some sleep. LOVE how Ammon feeds Abbi and that he is willing to show off his muscles for the camera, Carter in the background is classic.
Also, loved your list from the previous post and I still think I am in my early 20s, so I think it will be weird to say I am 30 in a couple years.
That is exactly what Barrick did. He always slept really good but once he was able to roll onto his tummy he never really woke up in the middle of the night until he could stand.
I LOVE Ammon feeding Abbi that is the sweetest thing and Barrick and Ammon definitely come from the same genes because he is such a skinny guy also. Oh well we know we feed them.
Yay for you! And URGH for me. E rolls over, but then it makes him angry because we swaddle him up and pin his arms in good, so he has to flop like a fish to roll over, and he sure doesn't sleep better like that.
He is sleeping a little better with the solids, though. Iowa is really far away for cousins with so much in common.
sweet bald spot! That is like the reverse of Homer Simpson. Abbi looks so big sitting in her little chair and eating her cereal. I still think of her as a little tiny baby. How nice that you are getting to sleep through the night. I can't complain about Hazel's sleep habits, they're as good as they can be as a newborn, but I seriously can't wait for the day when I can stay in bed all night long!
Life is good when you can sleep through the night!! Abbi looks so cute--she is so grown up. I love Ammon feeding her--I love his sounds as it goes in the mouth--he is the one grown up. And Carter cracks me up--life is never dull in the Frost home!!
Ammon's rib cage looks exactly like mine did when I was a kid -- so let him know that he can look forward to having a great body as an adult.
I like the new blog layout, but can I put in a vote for removing the music player? I automatically mute it once I get to your site, but then I go to watch the video and it's muted, so then I turn the sound back on, and of course the music is playing over the video, so I have to scroll down and find the damn music player and pause it...
just wanted to say hi, your kids are way too cute. love the bald spot! :)
Happy late birthday... you are beautiful.
love ya
H
That video is so hilarious...I love the airplane ride in for the bite. The bumbo is a great little invention isn't it. Lilly can now arch out of it though :( I feel like a new woman when I get in 8 hours as well...love those nights. I really enjoyed your post on "30" I'll be there in June and you have inspired me to think of a list myself. Aren't we so blessed to get to live and experience so many wonderful things. My Mom always says we are not humans having a spiritual experience, but spiritual beings having a human experience...how blessed we are to have such great lives!
Post a Comment