Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Heart February

Eight years ago today, I made the best decision I will ever make.  Colby and I were married in the Salt Lake temple.  


Eight years, three kids, six moves, two Bachelor's degrees, 3/4 of a doctorate degree, ten jobs, one dog, three dozen fish, one motorcycle, two mountain bikes, one truck, two cars and one mini-van later...


I couldn't be happier.  Happy Anniversary Babe.

Happy Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's day.  I started out the day with a  5K race.



Brittany and I ran the Red Flannel Run, it was cold but we had a good time.


I came home to find the boys patiently waiting to open their Valentines.


They were excited to find new sunglasses and CHOCOLATE!


Our sweet little Abbi celebrated Valentine's day with her first cold.  She was still a pretty good baby!


We spent the evening with friends, pizza and more CHOCOLATE! What a perfect way to end a perfect day.   I hope you all had a great day as well.

9 comments:

The Obergs said...

Happy Anniversary you two. Wow I can't believe it's been 8 years. I remember decorating your car like it was yesterday.... (I think Colby is still mad about that. Don't blame me, I was just along for the ride)

I just have to say that I think you two make some of the cutest kids I've ever seen. I love the picture of the boys waiting to open their presents. I'm so impressed that they're both smiling and baby Abbi is so beautiful. I love her to death.

Your holiday looked great and way to go on the 5k Shauni!

Celeste Adams said...

Wow, you two have been through a lot. I love the part about 3 dozen goldfish. That was hilarious. I do have to admit, I was having flash backs of the Red Flannel Run. I'm glad you two were able to run together. Did you happen to see the guy in just a loin cloth and no shoes?

shauni said...

Celeste, I totally missed you on the run! It was much warmer this year and loin cloth guy whimped out and got himself a kilt and some moccasin boots. There were two almost naked guys (wearing nothing but a loin cloth) who had painted themselves totally red and Shawn Johnson was there signing autographs. I hope your feeling well, can't wait to hear what you're having.

Unknown said...

8 years?! Wow. We were feeling so mature yesterday because we had some people over who had only been married for 2 years, and we're going on 4.
Congratulations!

Straley Family said...

That was such a cute post you did of you and Colby. This will be eight years for John and I too.

Britney said...

Happy 8th anniversary. Thanks for running with me on Saturday. We'll have to do it again next year!

The Teeples Times said...

Happy Anniversary! I thought about you two! How fun, I love the chocolate fountain! You guys really have moved alot and had a lot of cars...WOW! Way to go on the 5K. I'm running one on St. Patty's Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you two are still pluggin' along in love! Love to check up on you through your blog, thanks for keeping us posted and just so you know...I heart you!

The Reed's said...

I keep meaning to leave a comment for you and I keep forgetting...so...first of all congrats on the baby. She is absolutely adorable! I also can't believe how fast your boys are growing up. Second..you look fantastic and I really think that it not fair. I had a kid 18 mon. ago and I still look prego. Glad to see that all is going well and that you are enjoying it there. We miss you here in good ole Utah!