Thursday, February 05, 2009

Our week in review

This post is not thrilling, but for Grandparents who live too far away,  I like to post once a week. Here is a review of our last week of January. 

The Big Dig

As part of the Des Moines Winter games,  there was a "big dig" downtown.  We took the boys to the event, where they got to dig in big piles of snow for prizes.  It was a beautiful day and the boys had a blast.


Can you spy Carter?



Unfortunately my camera battery died right before the dig started,  but I did manage to get this cute pic with the Nance's girls.

Date Night

I realized recently that I am never in any pictures, so I took the camera on our date night last weekend and made everyone pose.


Jason and Colby deserve the "fathers of the year" award for pushing the strollers around the mall...


Then they saw Scheels and had to make a break for it, leaving the babies with their wives.

Tights

This week I also discovered how cute Abbi's little legs look in tights.


I just want to squeeze those chubby little thighs.


As we've read about in one of the boys' books,  Abbi has "A Bad Case of the Stripes."


Achilles Tendon Rupture

Last, but not least, Colby completed his case study presentation this week.  (which I was forbidden to attend because supposedly I  "wouldn't look like a student" with 3 kids with me.) I did get to see the practice run and it was great.  And honestly, one time viewing these slides was enough for me!



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Tights happen to be my number one reason for wanting a daughter. I sigh everytime I see some baby tights in the store.

karin said...

Carter looks so cute standing there waiting to dig. Abbi looks adorable (as usual) in her tights and I LOVE the stripes. I want a date night.

The Obergs said...

Oh Shauni, I feel the same way when I post day-to-day things, but from a family point of view, it's very appreciated. I'm in love with Abbi's cute outfits, and I feel the same way about tights and chubby legs.

P.S. Did you ever get my package? I hope it didn't get lost in the mail system...

The Teeples Times said...

I want to squeeze her thighs too. I love,love the stripes outfit - how fun to have a girl to dress so dang darling!! The big dig, eh? Those Iowan's think of the darndest things.

Aleese and Scott said...

What a fun week what a great idea to do a snow dig for the kids! Also Abbi looks so cute in her stripes and tights I love it!

Mike and Kim said...

Shauni, you look great! And that little Abbi is the cutest ever. Girls are much more fun to dress than little boys.

Heather said...

look how good you look. i just could eat your baby up. well not really but you get the idea. she is so cute!
i miss you tons. lets chat soon

xo

Anonymous said...

Shaun - ello beautiful! Your family is adorable. Scotty did a fabulous job with the photos of Abbi. The ariel view is my favorite - straight out of a catalogue. She's gorgeous! Aren't you supposed to look chubby or something after just having a baby? You look GREAT!!! Too bad Colby wasn't here to inspect my foot disaster. I sure could have used him. Love your pictures and I love and miss you!